An honest, sharp-witted, practical guide to help you get and keep the job you want--from an outsider whose been there and done it, a woman who went from being a broke, divorced, college dropout to running some of the biggest websites in the world.Read more...
- [-] Other Available FormatsOur PriceNew & Used MarketplaceWeird in a World That's Not (Paperback)
Publisher: HarperBusiness$15.99Weird in a World That's Not (Audio Compact Disc - Unabridged)
An honest, sharp-witted, practical guide to help you get and keep the job you want--from an outsider whose been there and done it, a woman who went from being a broke, divorced, college dropout to running some of the biggest websites in the world.
Jennifer Romolini started her career as an awkward twenty-seven-year-old misfit, navigated her way through New York media and became a boss--an editor-in-chief, an editorial director, and a vice president--all within little more than a decade. Her book, Weird In A World That's Not, asserts that being outside-the-norm and achieving real, high-level success are not mutually exclusive, even if the perception of the business world often seems otherwise, even if it seems like only office-politicking extroverts are set up for reward.
Part career memoir, part real-world guide, Weird in a World That's Not offers relatable advice on how to achieve your dreams, even when the odds seem stacked against you. Romolini helps you face down your fears, find a career that's right for you, and get and keep a job. She tackles practical issues and offers empathetic, clear-cut answers to important questions:
- How do I navigate the awkwardness of networking?
- How do I deal with intense office politics?
- How do I leave my crappy job?
- How do I learn how to be a boss not just a #boss?
- And, most importantly: How do I do all this and stay true to who I really am?
Authentic, funny, and moving, Weird in a World That's Not will help you tap into your inner tenacity and find your path, no matter how offbeat you are.
- ISBN-13: 9780062472724
- ISBN-10: 0062472720
- Publisher: HarperBusiness
- Publish Date: June 2017
- Page Count: 304
- Dimensions: 9.2 x 6.3 x 1.1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1 pounds