- Achieving the highest performance
- Learning and retaining information more efficiently
- Improving complex decision-making
- Cultivating trust and building strong teams Based on the authors' popular leadership programs, which have been delivered to tens of thousands of leaders all over the world, this clear, insightful, and engaging book will help both individuals and teams perform at their maximum potential, delivering extraordinary results.
- ISBN-13: 9780143129356
- ISBN-10: 014312935X
- Publisher: Tarcherperigee
- Publish Date: February 2017
- Page Count: 336
- Dimensions: 8.3 x 5.8 x 1.3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.01 pounds
Publishers Weekly® Reviews
- Reviewed in: Publishers Weekly, page .
- Review Date: 2016-12-05
- Reviewer: Staff
In their first book, neuropsychologist Fabritius and leadership expert Hagemann take a cogent, intriguing angle on leadership development. Leadership has long been treated as an art, they write, when it should be treated as a science based on a nuanced understanding of current theories about the brain. The authors, who run business seminars and coaching sessions based on their research and work, argue that understanding the neuroscience behind leadership is the best way to help business leaders and employees achieve their full potential. Fabritius and Hagemann cover the neurochemistry behind motivation, optimal stress levels, regulation of emotions, muscle relaxation, cultivation of gratitude, sharpening focus, the dangers of multitasking, and more. Where they truly excel is in their ability to translate complex neurochemistry into concrete actions that readers can take to make long-term adjustments, manage their habits, and foster a focused learning environment. Concrete, energetic, and accessible, this is a must-read for anyone who takes a science-backed approach to business. Agent: Jeff Herman, Jeff Herman Agency. (Feb.)