I found this book extremely helpful and loved the Fast Facts, Notes, Exam Tips and Clinical Tips. While other exam prep courses had great content, your book helped me to think more like a NP, and "pull it all together." I would highly recommend your book to any Adult-Gero NP student or graduate.Read more...
I found this book extremely helpful and loved the Fast Facts, Notes, Exam Tips and Clinical Tips. While other exam prep courses had great content, your book helped me to think more like a NP, and "pull it all together." I would highly recommend your book to any Adult-Gero NP student or graduate. It deserves 5 stars.T. Maria Jones, MS, AGPCNP-BC, CWOCN, DAPWCA, FMNLI
Praise for the First Edition:
This is a well written, comprehensive review aimed at preparing readers for successfully completing a board certification exam...This is a wonderful comprehensive review in a concise study guide format.--Doody's Medical Reviews
The second edition of this acclaimed ANP review continues to promote efficient, time-saving study by synthesizing the key content needed to pass the NP Certification Exam into a concise, well-organized format. Using test-taking strategies meticulously developed by the author, the Review provides unique "question dissection techniques," targeted key content review, 600 extensive practice questions, and detailed, current exam information in a fast facts style. This second edition includes an extensive new section on geriatrics that encompasses body/metabolic changes, common disorders, and hospice/ethical considerations. The book also presents an expanded, intensive pharmacology review, 100 new exam questions, and is the only review to offer a new research chapter providing elements of research needed for E-B practice.
The book reviews the complete adult lifespan from adolescence on, and covers non-clinical content including ethics, medico-legal issues, advanced practice law, and reimbursement guidelines. The review of primary care disorders is organized by body system. The content is applicable for certification exams for both the ANCC and the AANP. This book is also a great companion to the ANP Certification Review app, coming soon for your iPhone or iPad
New to this edition:
- Reorganized for greater ease of use
- Provides extensive new section on geriatrics covering body/metabolic changes, common disorders, and hospice/ethical considerations
- Contains expanded intensive-style pharmacology review
- Presents elements of research needed for E-B practice
- Includes 100 new questions for a total of 600 'high-yield' questions
Why use this review?
- Delineates strategic "question dissection techniques" for test success, developed by the author, a leading provider of exam preparation education for over 20 years
- Provides precisely targeted content review
- Offers 600 extensive practice questions and detailed exam information
- Includes Exam Tips and Clinical Tips help to prioritize
- The author's company, ARNP Services, Inc. has helped thousands of nurses pass their certification exams nationwide
- It's the only book to present elements of research needed for E-B practice
- It's a great companion to the forthcoming ANP Certification Review app
This item is Non-Returnable.
- ISBN-13: 9780826134264
- ISBN-10: 0826134262
- Publisher: Springer Publishing Company
- Publish Date: August 2013
- Page Count: 680
- Dimensions: 10.01 x 7.05 x 1.27 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.74 pounds