Alaska for Dummies
- You're in for a scenic, sensory treat Alaska has 100,000 glaciers and 10 million lakes. Wildlife roams freely across vast spaces, unfettered by fences or roads. Opportunities to experience real wilderness and enjoy outdoor activities abound.
New & Used Marketplace 11 copies from $4.98
More About Alaska for Dummies by Charles P. Wohlforth
- You're in for a scenic, sensory treat Alaska has 100,000 glaciers and 10 million lakes. Wildlife roams freely across vast spaces, unfettered by fences or roads. Opportunities to experience real wilderness and enjoy outdoor activities abound. You can't see or do it all, but you can make the most of your time with this friendly guide.
- Our author, Charles Wohlforth, is a lifelong Alaskan who has been writing about his home as a journalist and author for more than 20 years. Wohlforth received wide critical acclaim for his environmental studies of Alaska.
- Alaska For Dummies, 5th Edition gives you comprehensive coverage of America's Last Frontier and includes: Anchorage and road trips from Anchorage; Southeast Alaska, including Juneau, Skagway and Sitka; bush Alaska, covering fascinating places in the Arctic; options for visiting by cruise ship; five great itineraries that touch on Alaska's best destinations; the best places to see marine mammals, birds, humpback whales, black, brown, or polar bears, and other wildlife; the best gold rush towns, including Fairbanks, Juneau, Skagway, and Nome, where the free-wheeling frontier spirit abides today; the top ten questions to ask an Alaskan, and more.
- Like every For Dummies travel guide, Alaska For Dummies, 5th Edition includes down-to-earth trip-planning advice, what you shouldn't miss (and what you can skip), the best hotels and restaurants for every budget, and handy Post-it Flags to mark your favorite pages.
This item is Non-Returnable.
- ISBN-13: 9780470888711
- ISBN-10: 0470888717
- Publisher: For Dummies
- Publish Date: March 2011
- Page Count: 434
- Dimensions: 8.44 x 5.53 x 0.98 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1 pounds
Series: For Dummies Travel: Alaska