When journalist and traveler Kelsey Timmerman wanted to know where his clothes came from and who made them, he began a journey that would take him from Honduras to Bangladesh to Cambodia to China and back again.Read more...
Customers Also Bought
When journalist and traveler Kelsey Timmerman wanted to know where his clothes came from and who made them, he began a journey that would take him from Honduras to Bangladesh to Cambodia to China and back again. Where Am I Wearing? intimately describes the connection between impoverished garment workers' standards of living and the all-American material lifestyle. By introducing readers to the human element of globalization--the factory workers, their names, their families, and their way of life--Where Am I Wearing bridges the gap between global producers and consumers.
- New content includes: a visit to a fair trade Ethiopian shoe factory that is changing lives one job at time; updates on how workers worldwide have been squeezed by rising food costs and declining orders in the wake of the global financial crisis; and the author's search for the garment worker in Honduras who inspired the first edition of the book
- Kelsey Timmerman speaks and universities around the country and maintains a blog at www.whereamiwearing.com. His writing has appeared in the Christian Science Monitor and Conde Nast Portfolio, and has aired on NPR.
Enlightening and thought-provoking at once, Where Am I Wearing? puts a human face on globalization.
- ISBN-13: 9781118277553
- ISBN-10: 1118277554
- Publisher: John Wiley & Sons
- Publish Date: April 2012
- Page Count: 287
- Dimensions: 8.99 x 6.02 x 0.82 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.82 pounds