CliffsNotes on Anthem is an excellent introduction to Ayn Rand's philosophy of human nature. The novella's theme and central conflict--the individual versus the collective--is an important element of her moral and political philosophy.
This study guide will help you understand the story of Anthem which takes place in an unnamed Communist- or Facist-like dictatorship of the future. Meet the hero, Equality 7-2521, a brilliant young man who yearns to be a scientist but is held back by a government that fears his intelligence. Your grasp on this novella will be strong with these features that help you study:
- Character analyses of major players
- A character map that graphically illustrates the relationships among the characters
- Critical essays
- A review section that tests your knowledge
- A ResourceCenter full of books, articles, films, and Internet sites
Classic literature or modern-day treasure--you'll understand it all with expert information and insight from CliffsNotes study guides.
This item is Non-Returnable.
- ISBN-13: 9780764585579
- ISBN-10: 0764585576
- Publisher: Houghton Mifflin
- Publish Date: June 2000
- Page Count: 96
- Dimensions: 8.56 x 5.54 x 0.26 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.31 pounds
Series: Cliffsnotes Literature Guides