Apache Cordova 4 Programming
Overview - Using Apache Cordova 4, you can leverage native technologies and web standards to quickly build cross-platform apps for most mobile devices. You can deliver a high-end user experience where it matters, while radically simplifying code maintenance and reuse. Read more...
New & Used Marketplace 20 copies from $3.43
More About Apache Cordova 4 Programming by John M. Wargo
Using Apache Cordova 4, you can leverage native technologies and web standards to quickly build cross-platform apps for most mobile devices. You can deliver a high-end user experience where it matters, while radically simplifying code maintenance and reuse. " Apache Cordova 4 Programming " is the most concise, accessible introduction to this remarkable technology. In this essential guide, expert mobile developer John Wargo quickly gets you up to speed with all the essentials, from installation, configuration, and tools, to building plugins and using Cordova s powerful APIs. Wargo helps you make the most of Cordova 4 s major enhancements, while offering practical guidance for all versions, including Adobe PhoneGap. Full chapters are dedicated to five major mobile platforms: Android, iOS, Windows Phone, Firefox OS, and Ubuntu. Using rich, relevant examples, Wargo guides you through both the anatomy of a Cordova app and its entire lifecycle, including cross-platform testing and debugging. Throughout, he illuminates Cordova development best practices, streamlining your development process and helping you write high-quality apps right from the start. Topics include
- Installing and configuring Cordova s development environment
- Working with the Cordova command line interfaces
- Creating Cordova plugins, using Plugman and the PhoneGap CLI
- Cordova s support for Firefox OS and Ubuntu devices
- Automation (Grunt and Gulp) and Cordova CLI hooks
- Microsoft s hybrid toolkit for Visual Studio
- Third-party tools, such as AppGyver, GapDebug, THyM, and more
- Beautifying Cordova apps with third-party HTML frameworks, such as Bootstrap, OpenUI5, Ionic, and Onsen UI
- Running, testing, and debugging Cordova apps on each major mobile platform
This item is Non-Returnable.