Major financial scandals, geopolitical upheaval, technological advances, rapid globalization . . . The world--and the way business is done--has changed drastically in the 10 short years since the original publication of this book.Read more...
Major financial scandals, geopolitical upheaval, technological advances, rapid globalization . . . The world--and the way business is done--has changed drastically in the 10 short years since the original publication of this book. As a result, the already tedious M&A process has become exponentially more complex.
The most trusted guidebook of its kind, The Art of M&A Due Diligence helps you uncover problems and inconsistencies in an M&A deal while they're still manageable. You'll find everything you need to mitigate all types of traditional risk--financial (key ratios, new GAAP-IFRS standards), operational (background checks, on-site visits), transactional (verification, checking warranties), and legal (intellectual property, environmental law).
This new edition also addresses complications introduced over the past decade by including:
- New information about the use of electronic data rooms for due diligence
- New focus on the role of International Accounting Standards
- New tools for Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) compliance
- New regulations concerning the environment and social issues
- New case law of interest, including key decisions of the Delaware Chancery Court and Delaware Supreme Court
The fear of risk in an M&A deal is rational, but it shouldn't prevent you from moving ahead. A well-conceived, carefully executed merger or acquisition can be extraordinarily enriching for both buyer and seller. This step-by-step guidebook is all you need to know where to look--and what to look for--when conducting M&A due diligence.