Ryan Friedlinghaus, the celebrated guru of automotive customization and host ofWest Coast Customs on Fox Sports (read About the Author for more), adds practical knowledge to William Galvery's acclaimed welding insight and everyday tips and tricks developed over his long professional career as an educator.Read more...
Ryan Friedlinghaus, the celebrated guru of automotive customization and host ofWest Coast Customs on Fox Sports (read About the Author for more), adds practical knowledge to William Galvery's acclaimed welding insight and everyday tips and tricks developed over his long professional career as an educator.
This unique and original book improves upon the shortcomings of competitive titles by providing complete, in-depth coverage of the equipment and techniques used in the most popular welding processes: oxyacetylene, stick welding, MIG welding and TIG welding. What's more, it presents information in a lively, easy-to-follow design. Each chapter contains the pros and cons of each process and information on equipment, setup, materials, safety and welding techniques.
To provide a solid footing for the novice welder, there is a chapter that provides an overview of welding and another on tools and materials. The bulk of the book is devoted to the more popular welding techniques. The authors also provide a chapter on soldering and brazing and another on plasma cutting. The Art of Welding is perfect for anyone who wants to learn welding, to make repairs or as part of a hobby. Even experienced welders will discover many tips and procedures to improve their welding technique.Features
- Presents the accumulated experience and knowledge of two welding professionals. William Galvery provides insight to the proper use of equipment and the science behind welding, including how welding affects different metals. Ryan Friedlinghaus provides the tips and techniques he uses everyday at West Coast Customs.
- Offers in-depth information about all popular welding processes, step-by-step photos and an engaging design that will appeal to do-it-yourselfers and hobbyist who want a solid background in welding.
- Emphasis is placed on safety with sections on selecting the proper clothing and safety lens for welding. Each welding process includes tips on approaching the job in a safe manner.
- Contains troubleshooting guides offering users an opportunity to learn from their mistakes by comparing inadequate welds to the troubleshooting guides located throughout the book. A chapter on welding projects shows welders how to compensate for the natural distortion that welding causes to various metals
This item is Non-Returnable.
- ISBN-13: 9780831134754
- ISBN-10: 0831134755
- Publisher: Industrial Press
- Publish Date: October 2013
- Page Count: 256
- Dimensions: 10.9 x 8.4 x 0.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.9 pounds