The Beautiful Mess Member Book includes 6 weeks of homework to be completed between group sessions. As much as women desire to become mothers, sometimes the challenges and circumstances are not what they ever expected. Being a mom is wonderful, but it's also hard.Read more...
20% off for Members: Get the Club Price
The Beautiful Mess Member Book includes 6 weeks of homework to be completed between group sessions. As much as women desire to become mothers, sometimes the challenges and circumstances are not what they ever expected. Being a mom is wonderful, but it's also hard. Moms wonder: Am I enough? How can I love today when my child is deliberately disobeying me? How did I get in this mess, and why can't I get it together? Motherhood is a beautiful mess. And, regardless of the season, it requires balance and time management with the strength of a CEO Along the way, women often feel like they've lost themselves and wonder what God is doing in their lives or if they are getting anything right. This study helps each mom discover (or remember) that she is the mom God chose for her children, and she is a beautiful mom.
- Motherhood is a noble, God-mandated role
- Moms steward, nurture, and prepare the next generation
- You are the mom God chose for the children He entrusted to you
- Motherhood has its seasons and every moment counts
- Motherhood is about selflessness, modeling Christ
- 6 group sessions and personal study material to complete between group sessions
- Member Book includes leader helps (guides to questions and discussion with small group)
- Homework can be completed at the pace of the learner
- Leaders can be assured of a trusted teacher in every group with biblical truth that is reliable
- Opportunity for multiple leaders or facilitators
- Great follow up to the Mom's Night Out film releasing May 9, 2014
- Provocative questions, scriptural support, and text application
- Opportunity for women to dig deeper into Scripture with a group as they learn together and focus on issues faced during different seasons of motherhood
- Great tool for reaching out to moms in the community who are not involved with church
- This study can be used by the new or inexperienced Bible study students or by those who are more familiar with the Scriptures
Sherry Surratt is the President and CEO of MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) International, based in Denver, CO. Prior to joining MOPS, Sherry served as Director of Innovation Labs at Leadership Network and on staff at Seacoast Church in Charleston, SC. She is the proud mom of two brilliant children, Michael and Brittainy, and a beautiful daughter-in-love, Hilary. She is ridiculously proud of her two beautiful granddaughters, Maggie Claire and Mollie Rose, and she lives with her pastor husband, Geoff, in Parker, CO. Sherry is the co-author of Just Lead A No Whining, No Complaining, No Nonsense Practical Guide for Women Leaders in the Church. Her most recent book, Brave Mom: Facing and Overcoming Your Real Mom Fears, releases in the fall of 2014.
Tracey Eyster is the very-in-love wife of Bill and fun mom to Samara and Westley--and the bevy of their friends who enjoy her southern cooking. In her spare time, Tracey is an author and speaker. In 2008, she founded FamilyLife's MomLifeToday.com, a site made up of moms in every season of life that is visited by millions. She enthusiastically coaches moms to be relational, intentional, and selfless as they love like Jesus in their homes and communities.
This item is Non-Returnable.
- ISBN-13: 9781430036494
- ISBN-10: 1430036494
- Publisher: Lifeway Church Resources
- Publish Date: May 2014
- Page Count: 160
- Reading Level: Ages 18-UP
- Dimensions: 9.4 x 6.8 x 0.4 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.62 pounds