If you want the freshest fruits, vegetables, and herbs around, why not grow them yourself? Home gardens are a great way to slash your grocery budget and eat great food throughout the year.Read more...
If you want the freshest fruits, vegetables, and herbs around, why not grow them yourself? Home gardens are a great way to slash your grocery budget and eat great food throughout the year. Vegetable, Fruit, & Herb Gardening from Better Homes and Gardens is packed with simple step-by-step guidance on starting your own easy and affordable kitchen garden.
The book includes explanatory diagrams, photographs and charts, and clear instructions that make planting, feeding, and harvesting your garden a breeze. This easy-to-follow guide covers it all-from container gardens, to large-scale garden projects, to a little herb garden on the balcony.
- Features more than 150 encyclopedia entries of vegetables, fruits, and herbs with step-by-step instructions on planting, growing, and harvesting
- Illustrated with more than 450 beautiful full-color photographs that offer helpful guidance and plenty of inspiration
- Includes special sections on storing your harvested foods as well as tips on composting and helpful seasonality charts
- Offers garden projects and planting plans with shopping lists for tools and plants.
Whether you want to start a major new edible garden project or just add a little fresh produce to your pantry, Vegetable, Fruit, & Herb Gardeningis the easy-to-understand, comprehensive guide you need.
This item is Non-Returnable.
- ISBN-13: 9780470638569
- ISBN-10: 0470638567
- Publisher: Houghton Mifflin
- Publish Date: December 2010
- Page Count: 286
- Dimensions: 10.84 x 8.13 x 0.62 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.91 pounds
Series: Better Homes & Gardens