Many people buy dSLR cameras for their flexibility, but find themselves so intimidated by all the options and controls that they rarely venture beyond the automatic mode.Read more...
Many people buy dSLR cameras for their flexibility, but find themselves so intimidated by all the options and controls that they rarely venture beyond the automatic mode. With a friendly tone and clear, understandable instruction, photographer and educator Jen Bebb introduces you to every mode and setting on your sophisticated dSLR. After thoroughly explaining shutter speed, aperture, depth of field, ISO, and basic composition, she offers direction on what each camera mode does and when it should be used. You'll gain the confidence to use the entire feature set you paid for.
- Beginning dSLR users are often intimidated by the scene, semi-automatic, and fully manual modes on their cameras; this guide gently explains each mode and setting
- Uses a conversational tone and liberal examples to define and explain basic concepts including shutter speed, aperture, ISO, depth of field, and composition
- Covers how each camera mode works and when to consider using it
- Helps those new to dSLR photography to gain confidence and begin taking advantage of all the flexibility a dSLR offers
Written by a professional photographer who is also known for her skill as an instructor, Beyond Auto Mode encourages new and less experienced dSLR users to take the next step toward creative control.
- ISBN-13: 9781118172872
- ISBN-10: 1118172876
- Publisher: John Wiley & Sons Inc
- Publish Date: February 2013
- Page Count: 296
- Dimensions: 0.75 x 7.25 x 9.25 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.64 pounds