FREE Express Shipping for Club Members
Not a member? Join Today!
- [-] Other Available FormatsOur PriceNew & Used MarketplaceThe Blood Sugar Solution (Large Print Hardcover)
Publisher: Little Brown and Company$19.39The Blood Sugar Solution (Audio Compact Disc - Abridged)
Publisher: Gildan Media Corporation$33.98
Customers Also Bought
- The Blood Sugar Solution Co...
- The Ultrasimple Diet
Mass Market Paperback
- The Ultrametabolism Cookbook
- The Blood Sugar Solution
Audio Compact Disc - Abridged
- The Clear Skin Diet
Alan C. Logan
- Coping with Your Difficult ...
- How to Say It (R) to Seniors
- Elder Rage or Take My Fathe...
- Cherokee Astrology
Audio Compact Disc - Unabridged
- The End of Illness
David B. Agus
- Adventure Bible for Early R...
Lawrence O. Richards
- NYPD Red
- Hockey Sticker Activity Book
- Life Code
Phillip C. McGraw, Ph.D.
- More About The Blood Sugar Solution by Mark HymanOverviewIn THE BLOOD SUGAR SOLUTION, Dr. Mark Hyman reveals that the secret solution to losing weight and preventing not just diabetes but also heart disease, stroke, dementia, and cancer is balanced insulin levels. Dr. Hyman describes the seven keys to achieving wellness-nutrition, hormones, inflammation, digestion, detoxification, energy metabolism, and a calm mind-and explains his revolutionary six-week healthy-living program. With advice on diet, green living, supplements and medication, exercise, and personalizing the plan for optimal results, the book also teaches readers how to maintain lifelong health. Groundbreaking and timely, THE BLOOD SUGAR SOLUTION is the fastest way to lose weight, prevent disease, and feel better than ever.
Publishers Weekly Reviews
Publishers Weekly® Reviews
- Reviewed in: Publishers Weekly, page .
- Review Date: 2011-12-19
- Reviewer: Staff
Collusion between food industry giants, the U.S. government, and the health care industry has put modern medicine in crisis, says functional medicine pioneer Hyman (The UltraMind Solution; UltraMetabolism). He points to imbalances in seven body systems that cause life-altering chronic illness (heart disease, stroke, dementia, depression, etc.), and traces the root of many of these illnesses to insulin resistance and what he calls “diabesity.” A global epidemic of diabetes and obesity—including children and teenagers—and the rising number of people in their 20s having cardiac bypass surgery indicates, he suggests, a need for community-based movements involving schools, religious organizations, and neighborhoods in a complete dietary makeover. His program can be used with children over age 12 and consists of a two-week preparation phase and six-week routine for diet, supplements, exercise, and stress relief. Hyman assures readers that neither their genes nor a lack of will are to blame for their struggles in “obesogenic environments” filled with “Frankenfoods.” Quizzes, shopping lists, recipes, and tips for overcoming obstacles will keep readers on track, while Hyman’s memorable terminology, passion, and simplicity will keep them highly motivated. Agent: Alice Martell. (Feb.)