The Breathe Study Journal includes 5 sessions of teaching by Priscilla Shirer with 4 weeks of homework in a reflective, journaling format. One of the greatest challenges among women in our culture is taking time to stop and cease from all the activities and busyness and just breathe.Read more...
The Breathe Study Journal includes 5 sessions of teaching by Priscilla Shirer with 4 weeks of homework in a reflective, journaling format. One of the greatest challenges among women in our culture is taking time to stop and cease from all the activities and busyness and just breathe. We are in bondage to busyness. We constantly strive to complete the limitless to-do lists that hinder us from experiencing all that God has for us. We miss the moments because we rush ahead to the next thing. By neglecting time for tranquility, serenity, and repose, we limit our Christlikeness and miss out on some of God's greatest gifts. It is time for us to breathe and build margin into our lives for God. In the Old Testament, God instituted principles and laws that would transform the Israelites' mindset. He didn't just want them legally free; He wanted them to be able to walk in the freedom and enjoy it. So God gave them many gifts, including boundaries in which to enjoy those gifts. Sabbath was intended as a gift, and it is still a gift to us today. If you are weary, worn out, and exhausted the concept of Sabbath will change your life.
Week 1 - The Freedom of Sabbath
Week 2 - Stops Along the Sabbath Journey
Week 3 - Double-Portion Friday
Week 4 - Coming Into Focus
Week 5 - Sabbath Margin
- Biblically-rooted and gospel-centered teaching
- Leader material (guides to questions and discussion with small group)
- 5-session Study Journal with group components, personal components, and leader helps
- Personal study segments include 4 weeks of homework in a study journal for reflection and to help the learner spend time alone with God and Scripture
- Biblical truth that's reliable
- Can be used in a variety of ways and has a lot of flexibility. It can be used by a group of any size in a church or another setting, small group in a home, or a weekend away as an individual or with a small group of women.
- An opportunity to explore the concept of Sabbath in both the Old and New Testaments
- Great study for personal growth and reflection on an individual basis
- For the weary, worn out, and exhausted this study could be life-changing as they acknowledge their bondage to busyness and learn that Sabbath was created by God before the fall
- Sets boundaries for those who believe they must always be "doing" something for God
This item is Non-Returnable.
- ISBN-13: 9781430032342
- ISBN-10: 1430032340
- Publisher: Lifeway Church Resources
- Publish Date: September 2014
- Page Count: 128
- Reading Level: Ages 18-UP
- Dimensions: 8.8 x 6 x 0.3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.45 pounds