So what's the big deal about breeding purebreds? You put two compatible dogs alone together in a room, lower the lights, put a Barry White CD on the stereo and voila, two months later you've got yourself a litter of purebreds--and the rest is gravy, right?Read more...
This item is only available to U.S. and Canada billing addresses.
So what's the big deal about breeding purebreds? You put two compatible dogs alone together in a room, lower the lights, put a Barry White CD on the stereo and voila, two months later you've got yourself a litter of purebreds--and the rest is gravy, right? Not quite. Simply breeding dogs takes considerable space, time, and capital. Consistently breeding mentally and physically sound purebreds, on the other hand, is a labor of love that involves all of the above and a whole lot more. If you really love dogs then you need to consult with an expert on the many responsibilities, rules, and regulations dog breeding entails before you take the leap. And that's where Breeding Dogs For Dummies comes in.
Written by Rick Beauchamp, professional breeder, exhibitor, and author of numerous books on the care and feeding of purebred dogs, Breeding Dogs For Dummies fills you in on every facet of the business. Packed with priceless insider tips and expert advice and guidance, it tells you what you need to know to:
- Decide whether dog breeding is really for you
- Choose the right breed for you
- Create the best possible breeding environment for your dogs
- Establish a breeding program
- Find the right breeding stock
- Comply with all government and AKC regulations
- Care for and socialize your pups
- Find the right owners for your dogs
Explore what it takes to start a breeding program that will ensure your dogs' health and enhance their lineage for fun and profit. Topics covered in detail include:
- Selecting breeding stock and keeping track of breed types
- Understanding purebred genetics and genotype characteristics
- Finding and selecting the right stud dog and brood bitch
- Prenatal care, whelping, and raising puppies
- Running a successful dog breeding business--including tips on budgeting, taxes, registration, charting, planning litters, transactions, sales contracts, and more
Breeding puppies involves many responsibilities, but it can also be one of the most enjoyable and rewarding experiences of your life. Make sure that it is--order a copy of Breeding Dogs For Dummies today.
The EPUB format of this title may not be compatible for use on all handheld devices.
This item is Non-Returnable.