- Retail Price:
20% off for Members: Get the Club Price
- [-] Other Available FormatsOur PriceNew & Used MarketplaceBurn the Fat, Feed the Muscle (Paperback)
Publisher: Harmony Books$16.00Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle (Audio Compact Disc - Unabridged)
Publisher: Blackstone Audiobooks$29.95
Do you want to shed fat and sculpt a new body shape at the same time?
Do you want a program without gimmicks, hype, or quick fixes?
Do you want a program guaranteed to work, no matter how old you are or what kind of shape you're in now?
For twenty-five years, industry veteran and bestselling author Tom Venuto has built a reputation as one of the world's most respected fat-loss experts. In Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle--known by fans as "the bible of fat loss"--Tom reveals the body transformation secrets of the leanest people in the world. This is not a diet and it's not just a weight-loss program; this is a breakthrough system to change your life and get you leaner, stronger, fitter, and healthier with the latest discoveries in exercise and nutrition science.
Inside, you'll discover:
- The simple but powerful LEAN formula, revealing the four crucial elements of body transformation success.
- The New Body 28 (TNB-28): a four-week training plan for sculpting lean muscle, plus a quick start primer workout perfect for beginners
- A lifestyle program that's more flexible and easier than ever to follow, even if you are busy, have dietary restrictions, or have never worked out before.
- The motivation strategies it takes to stick with your plan.
Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle is not about getting as ripped as a fitness model or becoming a bodybuilder like Tom did (unless you want to); it's about using their secrets to achieve your own personal goals. You are sure to call it your fitness bible for many years to come.
- ISBN-13: 9780804137843
- ISBN-10: 0804137846
- Publisher: Harmony
- Publish Date: December 2013
- Page Count: 384
- Dimensions: 9.3 x 7.8 x 1.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.65 pounds
Publishers Weekly® Reviews
- Reviewed in: Publishers Weekly, page .
- Review Date: 2013-10-07
- Reviewer: Staff
Originally published as an e-book and billed as the “Bible of Fat Loss,” this revised and updated print edition is geared towards helping readers achieve healthy weight loss by linking nutrition and exercise. It’s not a new concept and neither are the majority of Venuto’s suggestions. Eschewing fad diets, Venuto, a health and fitness writer and bodybuilder, encourages readers to get to know their body and adjust their approach to fitness accordingly. Helpful tips like calculating muscle loss or gain, establishing caloric needs, and spreadsheets for meal plans will assist readers in structuring their approach. But all too often the author’s advice does little more than state the obvious, noting the necessity of setting specific goals, creating a calorie deficit, drinking plenty of water, and combining cardio with strength training. Readers certainly won’t harm themselves, but those already committed to a healthy lifestyle will likely find this book to be more reminder than new Bible. That said, couch potatoes in need of structure and inspiration will find Venuto to be an informed and informative trainer. Agents: Yfat Reiss Gendell and Stephan Barbara, Foundry Literary + Media. (Dec.)