The Call of the Wild and White Fang
Overview - The Call of the Wild and White Fang , by Jack London , is part of the Barnes & Noble Classics series, which offers quality editions at affordable prices to the student and the general reader, including new scholarship, thoughtful design, and pages of carefully crafted extras. Read more...
New & Used Marketplace 75 copies from $2.99
- [-] Other Available FormatsOur PriceNew & Used MarketplaceThe Call of the Wild and White Fang (Paperback)
Publisher: Random House UK$12.99The Call of the Wild, White Fang, and Other Stories (Paperback)
Publisher: Oxford University Press, USA$7.95The Call of the Wild, White Fang & to Build a Fire (Paperback)
Publisher: Modern Library$7.95The Call of the Wild and White Fang (Mass Market Paperback)
Publisher: Signet Classics$4.95
More About The Call of the Wild and White Fang by Jack London; Tina GianquittoOverviewThe Call of the Wild and White Fang, by Jack London, is part of the Barnes & Noble Classicsseries, which offers quality editions at affordable prices to the student and the general reader, including new scholarship, thoughtful design, and pages of carefully crafted extras. Here are some of the remarkable features of Barnes & Noble Classics
- New introductions commissioned from today's top writers and scholars
- Biographies of the authors
- Chronologies of contemporary historical, biographical, and cultural events
- Footnotes and endnotes
- Selective discussions of imitations, parodies, poems, books, plays, paintings, operas, statuary, and films inspired by the work
- Comments by other famous authors
- Study questions to challenge the reader's viewpoints and expectations
- Bibliographies for further reading
- Indices & Glossaries, when appropriate
White Fang tells the story of a half-wolf, half-dog nearly destroyed by the vicious cruelty of men. Brought to the very brink of his existence, White Fang is lucky enough to experience the one thing that can save himhuman love.
Adventurer and activist, philosopher and alcoholic, Jack London was a man of great contradictions and greater talent. Both of these novels are written in a simple, direct, and powerful style that decades of readers have admired and that writers have imitated.
Tina Gianquitto holds a Ph.D. in American Literature from Columbia University and currently teaches at The College of the Mines in Colorado."