The Call of the Wild and White Fang , by Jack London , is part of the Barnes & Noble Classics series, which offers quality editions at affordable prices to the student and the general reader, including new scholarship, thoughtful design, and pages of carefully crafted extras.Read more...
This item is only available to U.S. and Canada billing addresses.
- [-] Other Available FormatsOur PriceNew & Used MarketplaceThe Call of the Wild and White Fang (Paperback)
Publisher: Vintage$7.95The Call of the Wild and White Fang (Mass Market Paperback)
Publisher: Signet Book$5.95The Call of the Wild and White Fang (Paperback)
Publisher: Barnes & Noble Classics$6.95Call of the Wild & White Fang (Paperback)
Publisher: Wordsworth Editions$5.99The Call of the Wild and White Fang (Barnes & Noble Classics Series) (Mass Market Paperback)
Publisher: Barnes & Noble Classics$4.95The Call of the Wild, White Fang, and Other Stories (Paperback - Revised Ed.)
Publisher: Penguin Books$9.00Call of the Wild, White Fang (Mass Market Paperback)
Publisher: Bantam Classics$4.99
More About The Call of the Wild and White Fang by Jack London; Tina Gianquitto; Tina GianquittoOverview
The Call of the Wild and White Fang, by Jack London, is part of the Barnes & Noble Classics series, which offers quality editions at affordable prices to the student and the general reader, including new scholarship, thoughtful design, and pages of carefully crafted extras. Here are some of the remarkable features of Barnes & Noble Classics:
- New introductions commissioned from today's top writers and scholars
- Biographies of the authors
- Chronologies of contemporary historical, biographical, and cultural events
- Footnotes and endnotes
- Selective discussions of imitations, parodies, poems, books, plays, paintings, operas, statuary, and films inspired by the work
- Comments by other famous authors
- Study questions to challenge the reader's viewpoints and expectations
- Bibliographies for further reading
- Indices & Glossaries, when appropriateAll editions are beautifully designed and are printed to superior specifications; some include illustrations of historical interest. Barnes & Noble Classics pulls together a constellation of influences—biographical, historical, and literary—to enrich each reader's understanding of these enduring works.
Jack London's two greatest novels, The Call of the Wild and White Fang—originally intended as companions—are here compiled in one volume. The Call of the Wild centers on a domesticated dog, Buck, who is kidnapped and sold to Klondike gold hunters. To survive Buck must listen to the Call and learn the ways of his wolf-ancestors, who guide him from within.
White Fang tells the story of a half-wolf, half-dog nearly destroyed by the vicious cruelty of men. Brought to the very brink of his existence, White Fang is lucky enough to experience the one thing that can save him—human love.
Adventurer and activist, philosopher and alcoholic, Jack London was a man of great contradictions and greater talent. Both of these novels are written in a simple, direct, and powerful style that decades of readers have admired and that writers have imitated.
Tina Gianquitto holds a Ph.D. in American Literature from Columbia University and currently teaches at The College of the Mines in Colorado.
This item is Non-Returnable.