Sure as a bear lives in the woods, Camping for Dummies shows you how to get out there and enjoy the best Mother Nature has to offer. With the helpful advice this common sense guide provides, you'll be prepared when it comes to:
Written by journalist Michael Hodgson, veteran of Utah's Eco-Challenge and numerous other outdoor adventures, Camping for Dummies cuts out gear-head jargon and antiquated methods to give you, plain and simple, what you need to know to make the smart choices that lead to great adventures. You'll find out:
- How to tie a bear bag
- The delicious caveman style for cooking fresh fish
- The limitations of GPS
- How to predict the weather by observing birds, frogs, and insects
- Ten survival essentials
- How to go canoe, kayak, or bicycle camping
- What features make a good backpack, boot, and other equipment
- When and how to bring along children
Whether the dictionary definition of -tenderfoot- has your picture next to it or you already consider wilderness your home away from home, you'll appreciate this handy, concise reference. Full of illustrations, diagrams, and directions for finding additional camping resources, Camping for Dummies is your complete ticket to America's great outdoors.
This item is Non-Returnable.