FREE Express Shipping for Club Members
Not a member? Join Today!
- [-] Other Available FormatsOur PriceNew & Used MarketplaceChelsea Chelsea Bang Bang (Paperback)
Publisher: Grand Central Publishing$12.78Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang (Audio Compact Disc - Unabridged)
Publisher: Grand Central Publishing$16.75
Customers Also Bought
- Are You There, Vodka? It's ...
- Life as I Blow It
- My Horizontal Life
Bargain - Paperback
- Lies That Chelsea Handler T...
- Foo Fighters
- The Front
Patricia D. Cornwell
Bargain - Hardcover
- Without Mercy
Mass Market Paperback
- No Wonder My Parents Drank
- More AboutOverview"WHAT . . . A RIOT " Life doesn't get more hilarious than when Chelsea Handler takes aim with her irreverent wit. Who else would send all-staff emails to smoke out the dumbest people on her show? Now, in this new collection of original essays, the #1 bestselling author of "Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea" delivers one laugh-out-loud moment after another as she sets her sights on the ridiculous side of childhood, adulthood, and daughterhood. Family moments are fair game, whether it's writing a report on Reaganomics to earn a Cabbage Patch doll, or teaching her father social graces by ordering him to stay indoors. It's open season on her love life, from playing a prank on her boyfriend (using a ravioli, a fake autopsy, and the Santa Monica pier) to adopting a dog so she can snuggle with someone who doesn't talk. And everyone better duck for cover when her beach vacation turns into matchmaking gone wild. Outrageously funny and deliciously wicked, CHELSEA CHELSEA BANG BANG is good good good good CHELSEA HANDLER ON...Being unpopular: "My parents couldn't have been more unreasonable when it came to fads or clothes that weren't purchased at a pharmacy."Living with her boyfriend: "He's similar to a large toddler, the only difference being he doesn't cry when he wakes up."Appreciating her brother: "He's a certified public accountant, and I have a real life."Arm-wrestling a maid of honor: "It wasn't her strength that intimidated me. It was the starry way her eyes focused on me, like Mike Tyson getting ready to feed."
Publishers Weekly Reviews
Publishers Weekly® Reviews
- Reviewed in: , page .
- Review Date:
Comedienne, talk show host and daring author Handler (Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea) indulges her fans with a new compilation of shockingly direct essays, from which she emerges as a scheming farceur with an expansive range of practical jokes and winning sarcasm, pulled off beautifully against (and with help from) her closest friends and family (including her boyfriend, the CEO of the E! television network that employs her). Handler spins a deliriously sticky web of running jokes while suckering the gullible, again and again, with made-up stories of her transgendered friend, a ludicrous movie deal, and her infamous personal pilot. Never shy, Handler finds room for even more irreverent honesty regarding sex-including her earliest encounters with male genitalia and with "the feeling"-and also lets readers in on her family life, including a family dinner that ends with her missing brother found intoxicated, naked, and celebrating on a dock in the early morning hours. Whether Handler is plotting to get her father committed or convincing her dog never to "shadoobie" in her presence, her essays are packed with enough laugh-out-loud moments to rival a first-rate stand-up act. B&W photos.
Copyright © Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.