Now, thirteen years later, we've witnessed such significant changes in social and intellectual life that the subject of classroom discourse is more important than ever. So Cazden has revisited her classic text and integrated current perspectives and research. New features include:
- a new rationale for the importance of student-teacher talk: the importance of oral as well as written communication skills in today's occupations and current conceptions of knowledge and the way it is acquired
- rich new examples of talk in K-12 classrooms - math as well as language arts - with transcriptions and analyses
- new findings from teacher researchers as well as university researchers
- new emphasis on achieving greater equity in what students learn
- new material on the kind of interactions computers offer
- new section on learning new forms of discourse as a significant educational goal for all students.
This item is Non-Returnable.
- ISBN-13: 9780325003788
- ISBN-10: 0325003785
- Publisher: Heinemann Educational Books
- Publish Date: September 2001
- Page Count: 216
- Reading Level: Ages 5-17
- Dimensions: 9.26 x 6.56 x 0.47 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.66 pounds