Coding For Kids For Dummies breaks coding into a series of small projects, each designed to teach elementary-to-middle-school-aged students a core concept to build a game, application, or other tool.Read more...
Coding For Kids For Dummies breaks coding into a series of small projects, each designed to teach elementary-to-middle-school-aged students a core concept to build a game, application, or other tool. In this his hands-on, friendly guide readers will get access to a leading coding tool that has been designed specifically for kids, showing them how to create the projects provided in the book as well as how to implement them into their own creative work.
Written by a teacher and leading advocate of coding education, Coding For Kids For Dummies explains to kids in plain English how to apply the math and logic skills they already have to the subject of coding. In no time, they'll be grasping basic coding concepts, completing their very own technical feats, and arming themselves with the computer science experience and know-how to prepare for a future working with technology.
- Lay-flat binding allows for easy access as students work on projects
- Full-color, large-print design make the information more approachable to kids
- Kids interested in computer science get a competitive edge
- The author has dedicated her career to enhancing coding and other STEM education in schools
If you're a student who wants to learn coding, a parent who wants to help your kid pursue an interest in coding, or a teacher who is in need of a supplemental course book for your computer science class, Coding For Kids For Dummies has you covered.
- ISBN-13: 9781118940327
- ISBN-10: 1118940326
- Publisher: For Dummies
- Publish Date: November 2014
- Page Count: 384
- Reading Level: Ages 10-14
- Dimensions: 9.3 x 7.4 x 0.6 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.4 pounds
Series: For Kids for Dummies