Written by a naturopathic physician specializing in complementary cancer care and a certified nutritionist, Cooking through Cancer Treatment to Recovery offers over 100 quick and delicious recipes that provide nutrients essential at each stage of treatment while avoiding proinflammatory foods such as processed sugars, dairy, and gluten that may increase side effects.Read more...
Written by a naturopathic physician specializing in complementary cancer care and a certified nutritionist, Cooking through Cancer Treatment to Recovery offers over 100 quick and delicious recipes that provide nutrients essential at each stage of treatment while avoiding proinflammatory foods such as processed sugars, dairy, and gluten that may increase side effects. The recipes in this user-friendly cookbook:
- Will not interfere or reduce the effectiveness of conventional treatment
- Address the most common side effects of conventional treatment such as diarrhea, fatigue, insomnia, nausea, joint pain, chemo brain, and loss of appetite
- Use widely available ingredients and are easy to prepare
- Are packed with flavor and aesthetic appeal
- Provide essential vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients
- Complement each other for a therapeutic balance of protein, good fats, carbohydrates, and fiber
A wonderful book and an] invaluable asset.The recipes are original and delicious and the comments prior to each recipe make them feel like gifts from a friend.√AE
Patricia L. Dawson, MD, PHD, FACS, Medical Director, Swedish Cancer Institute Breast Program, and Medical Director, The True Family Women's Cancer Center
What an incredibly practical and delicious resource for people in all phases of their journey with and beyond cancer.√n This is the sort of information my patients are hungry for.
Donald I. Abrams, MD, Integrative Oncologist, University of California San Francisco
An essential resource for anyone facing cancer and for those who love them. Whether you are gluten sensitive, vegan, or a robust meat eater, you will find recipes with nutritional values for every stage of cancer treatment and beyond in this treasure chest of a cookbook.
Sara O'Connell, Founder and Executive Director, Cancer Resource Centers of Endocino County, Recipient of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation 2007 Community Health Leaders Award, and two-time breast cander survivor
Lisa A. Pricer, ND is a naturopathic physician specializing in complementary cancer care. She is currently in private practice in Seattle, Washington, and is an adjunct faculty member at Bastyr University. Dr. Price was a National Institute of Health Research Fellow (2005√2010).
Susan Gins, MA, MS, CN, was voted √]Best Nutritionist in Seattle√AE by City Search. She directs Nourish, a successful nutrition practice, and gives presentations to public and private organizations.
- ISBN-13: 9781936303809
- ISBN-10: 1936303809
- Publisher: Demos Medical Publishing
- Publish Date: February 2015
- Page Count: 200
- Dimensions: 8.82 x 7.5 x 0.41 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.73 pounds