How to seduce an estranged husband--and banish debt --in four wickedly improper, shockingly pleasurable steps... Read more...
- [-] Other Available FormatsOur PriceNew & Used MarketplaceThe Courtesan Duchess (Audio Compact Disc - Unabridged)
Publisher: Tantor Audio$39.99
Customers Also Bought
How to seduce an estranged husband--and banish debt --in four wickedly improper, shockingly pleasurable steps...
1. Learn the most intimate secrets of London's leading courtesan.
2. Pretend to be a courtesan yourself, using the name Juliet Leighton.
3. Travel to Venice and locate said husband.
4. Seduce husband, conceive an heir, and voila, your future is secure
For Julia, the Duchess of Colton, such a ruse promises to be foolproof. After all, her husband has not bothered to lay eyes on her in eight years, since their hasty wedding day when she was only sixteen. But what begins as a tempestuous flirtation escalates into full-blown passion--and the feeling is mutual Could the man the Courtesan Duchess married actually turn out to be the love of her life?
- ISBN-13: 9781420135527
- ISBN-10: 142013552X
- Publisher: Zebra
- Publish Date: March 2015
- Page Count: 352
- Reading Level: Ages 18-UP
- Dimensions: 6.6 x 4.1 x 0.9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.3 pounds
Series: Wicked Deceptions #1
Publishers Weekly® Reviews
- Reviewed in: Publishers Weekly, page .
- Review Date: 2015-02-02
- Reviewer: Staff
Shupe’s heartfelt debut opens the Wicked Deception series, a Regency trilogy featuring fearless heroines. Julia, the Duchess of Colton, disguises herself as Juliet Leighton, a well-known London courtesan, and travels to Venice to see the husband who abandoned her following their wedding eight years earlier. She believes that the only way to avoid financial ruin is to produce an heir, even if that means duplicitously seducing her own husband. Julia is tenacious and determined, and entirely unprepared to actually like her husband, Nick, whose caring nature seems at odds with his unwillingness to face his responsibilities to her. After learning that “Juliet” is his wife, Nick struggles to reconcile his anger over Julia’s deception with his continued desire for her. Romantic tension heightens the intensity of the sensuous love scenes, as the two struggle to mend their fractured relationship. This original and alluring novel is a very promising beginning to Shupe’s career. Agent: Laura Bradford, Bradford Literary Agency. (Apr.)