In this second book in the New York Times bestselling Curiosity House series by exceptional author Lauren Oliver and shadowy recluse H. C. Chester, four extraordinary children must avenge their friend's death, try to save their home, and unravel the secrets of their past .Read more...
In this second book in the New York Times bestselling Curiosity House series by exceptional author Lauren Oliver and shadowy recluse H. C. Chester, four extraordinary children must avenge their friend's death, try to save their home, and unravel the secrets of their past . . . before their past unravels them.
Pippa, Sam, Thomas, and Max are happy to be out of harm's way now that the notorious villain Nicholas Rattigan is halfway across the country in Chicago. But unfortunately their home, Dumfreys's Dime Museum of Freaks, Oddities, and Wonders, is in danger of closing its doors forever.
But their troubles only get worse. The four friends are shocked when their beloved friend, famous sculptor Siegfried Eckleberger, is murdered. As they investigate, they find clues that his death may be tied to the murder of a rich and powerful New York heiress, as well as to their own pasts.
This is the second book in the series and so boasts many wondrous and mysterious things inside, such as:
- Howie, the "Human Owl," whose head turns just about all the way around
- A mean but important house cat
- Some perfectly ghastly wax sculptures
- A very thin boy named Chubby
- An awful mechanical leg
It continues not to have:
- A cautionary tale about running with scissors
- A list of time-consuming chores
- Nutritious and decidedly not delicious vegetables
- A perfectly sweet bedtime story about a wayward bunny
- Two wet kisses on the cheek from your aunt Mildred
Learn more about the series online at www.thecuriosityhouse.com.
This item is Non-Returnable.
- ISBN-13: 9780062270849
- ISBN-10: 0062270842
- Publisher: HarperCollins
- Publish Date: May 2016
- Page Count: 368
- Reading Level: Ages 8-12
- Dimensions: 8.3 x 5.7 x 1.4 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.95 pounds
Series: Curiosity House #1