FREE Express Shipping for Club Members
Not a member? Join Today!
Customers Also Bought
- The Surprise Attack of Jabb...
- The Secret of the Fortune W...
- Darth Paper Strikes Back
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid Book 8
- Star Wars Origami
- The Heroes of Olympus, Book...
- The Strange Case of Origami...
- Princess Labelmaker to the ...
- Dork Diaries Box Set (Book ...
Rachel Renee Russell
- The House of Hades
- The New World Champion Pape...
John M. Collins
- Tales from a Not-So-Happy H...
Rachel Renee Russell
- Minecraft Pocket Edition Ga...
- Simple Origami Airplanes Mi...
- Origami Paper Bright 6" 49 ...
Not Available (NA)
- The Ultimate Player's Guide...
- The Wizard of Oz Click-And-...
- More About Art2-D2's Guide to Folding and Doodling by Tom AnglebergerOverviewStick figures to the dark side only lead To doodle like a Jedi you must learn With this companion to the blockbuster bestselling Origami Yoda series, beloved author Tom Angleberger--with the help of the kids from McQuarrie Middle School--presents young Padawans with dozens of activities from the Star Wars universe. Padawans can learn how to fold R2-D2 and C-3PO, draw Jabba, and even build a fully functioning ChapStick rocket Other Force-mastering activities include: "Kellen's Guide to Cool Letters," "Mike's Complete Rules and Tips for Pencil Pod-Racing," "Rhondella's Tips for Photographing Origami," and much more
With Tom Angleberger's goofy sense of humor and accessible art style, "Art2-D2's Guide to Folding and Doodling" is sure to satisfy and inspire the millions of Origami Yoda and "Star Wars" fans. May the doodles be with you
Includes 16-page color insert with 10 pages of colored pull-out origami paper; instructions to make Yoda, Darth, C-3PO, Admiral Ackbar, and R2-D2; a section on photographing your origami creations, and two Star Wars backdrops to photograph them against.
Praise for "Art2-D2's Guide to Folding and Doodling"
"Once again, Angleberger's humor, which presents itself in the text through characters from the series, in both human and origami form, connects with middle-grade readers. 'Art2' and the other 'Origami Yoda' books are the ultimate example of the by-a-fan/for-the-fans format, which succeeds if executed properly. This did he."
""Excellent activity-book offshoot of Angleberger's bestselling Origami Yoda series... The banter and tongue-and-cheek humor of the previous books is present, along with encouragement."
"The presentation's offbeat attitude, ingenuity, and wit, many libraries will want to stock this high interest book..."
"Fans (and nonfans, if there are any) of the "Origami Yoda" series (Abrams) and website will find new opportunities aplenty for foolery in this spinoff compendium of progressively challenging hands-on instructions for drawing, folding, and goofing around with (mostly) Star Wars characters."
--"School Library Journal"
Publishers Weekly Reviews
Publishers Weekly® Reviews
- Reviewed in: Publishers Weekly, page .
- Review Date: 2013-04-01
- Reviewer: Staff
In this excellent activity-book offshoot of Angleberger’s bestselling Origami Yoda series, Kellen, Tommy, and other kids from McQuarrie Middle School guide readers through drawing and folding origami Star Wars characters like Origami Yoda, Fortune Wookiee, and Kirigami General Grievous. Several color origami pages are bound into the book (“Do you know how much it cost to have them printed?” writes Kellen. “A lot!!!!!”), and additional activities include writing dramatic lettering and creating prints using ink and Silly Putty. The banter and tongue-and-cheek humor of the previous books is present, along with encouragement: “You can make your origami puppets fight.... Use the force... of your thumb!” Ages 8–12. Agent: Caryn Wiseman, Andrea Brown Literary Agency. (Mar.)