FREE Express Shipping for Club Members
Not a member? Join Today!
- [-] Other Available FormatsOur PriceNew & Used MarketplaceDead Is the New Black (Hardcover)
Publisher: Turtleback Books$16.56Dead Is the New Black (Audio Compact Disc - Unabridged)
Publisher: Brilliance Corporation$13.49
Customers Also Bought
- Dead Is a State of Mind
- Dead Is So Last Year
- Dead Is Just a Rumor
- Dead Is Not an Option
- More About Dead Is the New Black by Marlene PerezOverviewWelcome to Nightshade, California--a small town full of secrets. It's home to the pyschic Giordano sisters, who have a way of getting mixed up in mysteries. During their investigations, they run across everything from pom-pom-shaking vampires to shape-shifting boyfriends to a clue-spewing jukebox. With their psychic powers and some sisterly support, they can crack any case Teenage girls are being mysteriously attacked all over town, including at Nightshade High School, where Daisy Giordano is a junior. When Daisy discovers that a vampire may be the culprit, she can't help but suspect head cheerleader Samantha Devereaux, who returned from summer break with a new "look." Samantha appears a little . . . well, dead, and all the most popular kids at school are copying her style. Is looking dead just another fashion trend for Samantha, or is there something more sinister going on? To find out, Daisy joins the cheerleading squad.
- ISBN-13: 9780152064082
- ISBN-10: 0152064087
- Publisher: Harcourt Paperbacks
- Publish Date: September 2008
- Page Count: 190
- Reading Level: Ages 12-17
Series: Dead Is (Quality)
Related CategoriesPublishers Weekly Reviews
Publishers Weekly® Reviews
- Reviewed in: Publishers Weekly, page 54.
- Review Date: 2008-09-01
- Reviewer: Staff
Fans who mourn the loss of TV's Veronica Mars are in for a treat as Perez (Unexpected Development) delivers a wise-cracking, boy-lusting, determined sleuth of a high school protagonist named Daisy Giordano. Daisy comes from a crime-solving family of female psychics—Mom gets premonitions, sister Rose can listen in on people's thoughts and sister Poppy has the gift of telekinesis. To Daisy's chagrin, she's the only “normal” in the family—a nonpsychic. She doesn't let this unfortunate genetic deficiency stop her from investigating the mysterious deaths of high school girls around Nightshade, Daisy's wacky hometown, especially when sleuthing gets her face time with Ryan Mendez, Daisy's hottie crush and son of the town police chief. With a suspect cheerleading coach and an even more suspect cheerleading captain—beautiful Samantha “the Divine” Devereaux, who shows up for school pale and dragging a coffin everywhere—this quick, lighter-than-air spoof of the undead, cheerleaders and popularity is pure pleasure. Teens will be glad to know two sequels are already in the pipeline. Ages 12–up. (Sept.)