Sorry: This item is not currently available.
This item is only available to U.S. billing addresses.
Growing up in a home where everyone came together at the dinner table, Elizabeth Hasselbeck savored the signature meatball, lasagna, and ziti dishes of her grandmother and great-grandmother, and the pierogies of her father’s heritage. But a decade ago, the Emmy Award–winning co-host of The View, New York Times bestselling author, and mother of three was diagnosed with celiac disease, and the family recipes she grew up suddenly became strictly off-limits. Or so she thought.
Getting rid of gluten, however, doesn’t have to mean giving up taste. Deliciously G-Free combines Hasselbeck’s knowledge for healthy living and passion for tasty food to bring you 100 delectable, easy-to-make, and family-friendly gluten-free recipes. By adding a variety of other ingredients to the fridge and pantry, she’s perfected scrumptious zero-gluten versions of old standards and new creations that would make her relatives proud, including
• Breakfasts to Remember: Egg Sandwiches, Coconut Raspberry Muffins, French Toast with Caramel Rum Banana, Biscuits, Frittata
• All-Star Appetizers: Pork Pot Stickers, Stuffed Mushrooms, Smoked Salmon on Corn Fritters, Crab Cakes with Homemade Tartar Sauce, and Hot Artichoke Dip
• Mouth-Watering Main Meals: Chicken Enchiladas, Quinoa Cornbread, Mac and Cheese, Lasagna, Pad Thai, Chimichurri Flank Steak, and Buttermilk Chicken
• Deliciously Irresistible Desserts: Chocolista Chocolate Cupcakes, Blueberry Raspberry Cobbler, Chocolate Chip Cookies, Tiramisu, Birthday Cakes, and Double Chocolate Brownies
Loaded with gorgeous color photos, Deliciously G-Free also satisfies your taste buds with ideas for gourmet entertaining, kid-friendly concoctions, cool-weather comfort foods, and “Get Fit” G-Free recipes. Plus, Hasselbeck opens up about her own gluten-free journey—from getting diagnosed to getting her family on board—and shares tips for how to stock your kitchen, prevent cross-contamination, and whip up G-Free flour mixes that literally take the cake.
Looking great and feeling good from the inside-out is just one Deliciously G-Free meal away!
From the Hardcover edition.
This item is Non-Returnable.
- ISBN: 9780345529404
- Publisher: Random House Publishing Group
- Imprint: Ballantine Books
- Date: Jan 2012
- Seller Statement: Sold by Random House, Inc.