Many of us, at the best of times, struggle for inspiration when it comes to cooking -- and that's without a medical condition that may affect our eating habits and require careful management. The right diet is the foundation of a healthy lifestyle and all the more important for the successful management of diabetes.Read more...
This item is only available to U.S. and Canada billing addresses.
Many of us, at the best of times, struggle for inspiration when it comes to cooking -- and that's without a medical condition that may affect our eating habits and require careful management. The right diet is the foundation of a healthy lifestyle and all the more important for the successful management of diabetes.
Fully updated for a UK audience Diabetes Cookbook For Dummies will include the latest dietary recommendations and medical information on diabetes and its management. Packed with over 100 delicious and easy to prepare recipes - for everyday eating and entertaining - alongside a brand new section on packing healthy lunches and picnics, this book will help make mealtimes interesting and healthy. The book also offers guidance on the glycaemic index, nutritional information, diabetic exchanges for each recipe and lifestyle advice to help readers take control of their condition and live life to the full.
Diabetes Cookbook For Dummies will feature:
Part I: Thriving with Diabetes
- Living To Eat With Diabetes
- Eating To Live With Diabetes
- Planning Meals for Weight Loss Goals
- Eating What You Like (Within Reason)
- Stocking Up at the Supermarket
Part II: Healthy Recipes That Taste Great
- Enjoying the Benefits of Breakfast
- Starting Well: Hors d'Oeuvres and First Courses
- Sipping Simply Divine Soups
- Taking a Leaf From the Salad Bar
- Being Full of Beans (and Grains and Pasta)
- Adding Veg to Your Meals
- Boning Up on Fish Cookery
- Flocking to Poultry
- Creating Balanced Meals with Meats
- Nibbling on Snacks
- Drooling Over Mouth-Watering Desserts
Part III: Eating Away from Home
- Eating Out as a Nourishing Experience
- Packing a Picnic Lunch
Part IV: The Part of Tens
- Ten (or So) Simple Steps to Change Your Eating Habits
- Ten Easy Substitutions in Your Eating Plan
- Ten Strategies to Normalize Your Blood Glucose
- Ten Healthy Eating Habits for Children with Diabetes
Part V: Appendixes
- Appendix A: Investing in Food Supplements for Optimum Health
- Appendix B: Exchange Lists
- Appendix C: A Glossary of Key Cooking Terms
- Appendix D: Conversions of Weights, Measures, and Sugar Substitutes
- Appendix E: Other Recipe Sources for People with Diabetes
The EPUB format of this title may not be compatible for use on all handheld devices.
This item is Non-Returnable.