Ever visited a knockout Web site and wondered, "How did they do that?" Wonder no more. Odds are, they did it with Dreamweaver. Completely updated to give you the scoop on all the cool new tools in the latest version , Dreamweaver 8 For Dummies will have you designing dynamite Web sites in no time.Read more...
This item is only available to U.S. and Canada billing addresses.
Ever visited a knockout Web site and wondered, "How did they do that?" Wonder no more. Odds are, they did it with Dreamweaver. Completely updated to give you the scoop on all the cool new tools in the latest version, Dreamweaver 8 For Dummies will have you designing dynamite Web sites in no time. In fact, by Chapter 2 you'll dive right into setting up your Web site, creating your first Web page, and adding text images and links. This guide starts with basic Web page design features and progresses to the more advanced options for DHTML and database-driven sites, with step-by-step instructions for every function plus lots of screen shots. It walks you though:
- A tour of the desktop, covering the toolbars, menu options, the Insert bar, the Document window, the Properties inspector, the Vertical Docking panels, and more
- Popular features such as sophisticated template capabilities and Library items Tracing images, the Quick Tag Editor, Design Notes, and the History palette
- Making the most of Dreamweaver's site management features, including a Testing Server, the Check IN/Out feature, integrated e-mail, Design Notes, Site Map Layout and more
- Using HTML tables to create page layouts
- 14 different benefits of using Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) and how to capitalize on them
Dreamweaver 8 For Dummies includes tips to save you time and money so you can create a Web site that makes a big impression without spending big bucks. Whether you're a beginner who wants to get started or an experienced pro who wants to enhance your skills...whether you want something simple like a site to promote a quaint bed & breakfast or something wild to catapult your rock band to the big time, Dreamweaver gives you the tools and this guide helps you make the most of them. When you're ready to tackle more complex sites, it covers:
- Using Fireworks with Dreamweaver to automate your workflow, optimize graphics for Web use, and create sophisticated animations, fancy rollovers, and special effects
- Showing off with multimedia: creating Flash buttons and text; adding Flash movie files; working with sound and video files; getting familiar with Java and ActiveX control
- Integrating forms into dynamic, interactive sites and creating shopping cart systems, guest books, contact forms, search engines, chat rooms, and more
- Building a simple database-driven site
- E-commerce basics
With Dreamweaver, you don't have to be a techie to design and create a terrific Web site. So get this book and get started!
This item is Non-Returnable.