FREE Shipping for Club Members
Not a member? Join Today!
Customers Also Bought
- Duck & Goose Colors
- Duck & Goose, Here Comes th...
- Duck & Goose, How Are You F...
- Here Comes Peter Cottontail!
- Duck, Duck, Goose
- The Pirate Fairy
- Dinosaur Train: Nature Trac...
- Dinosaur Train: We Are a Di...
- Tink and Friends Story Coll...
- Pete the Cat
- ISBN-13: 9780385372350
- ISBN-10: 0385372353
- Publisher: Schwartz & Wade Books
- Publish Date: April 2014
- Page Count: 32
- Reading Level: Ages 3-7
Publishers Weekly® Reviews
- Reviewed in: Publishers Weekly, page .
- Review Date: 2014-03-17
- Reviewer: Staff
For homebodyish sorts, traveling somewhere new can be daunting; for the adventurous, destinations don’t always meet expectations. Hills uses longtime buddies Duck and Goose to make both points, as Goose’s reluctance about going on an “adventure” gives way to awe when he takes in the beach for the first time (“Isn’t it magnificent?”). Meanwhile, Duck, who has led the charge, is not quite as taken with the too-hot sand, daunting water, and colossal waves that send the friends tumbling head over heels in one memorable scene. Hills’s oil paintings provide a breezy backdrop of grass, sand, sea, and sky for Duck and Goose’s every relatable anxiety, discovery, and interaction. Ages 3–7. (Apr.)