If you've been thinking of playing D&D or you've played before and you want to get up to speed on the all-new 4th Edition, this is the book for you.Read more...
If you've been thinking of playing D&D or you've played before and you want to get up to speed on the all-new 4th Edition, this is the book for you. Here's what you need to know to join the fantasy fun.
- D&D terminology -- understand what ability check, modifier, saving throw, AC, gp, hp, and XP mean
- Roll the dice -- add modifiers and see if you rolled the d20 high enough to beat the challenge
- Minding your manners -- know D&D etiquette so you'll be welcome in any adventure
- Character building -- select your character's race and class, and choose the best powers, skills, feats, and gear
- Roleplaying -- give your character a background and personality quirks
- Combat -- use combat rules, a battle grid, and miniatures to play out furious battles
Open the book and find:
- Everything a new player needs to get started playing D&D
- Details on four fantasy races and four iconic classes
- Explanations of every number and statistic on the character sheet
- The best magic items and equipment for characters of all classes
- Advice on roleplaying and teamwork
- A ready-to-use adventure to get you started as a Dungeon Master
- A ready-to-use battle grid with character and monster markers