The Dyslexia Checklist is a valuable guide for parents and teachers that can help them better understand children and teenagers with dyslexia and other reading- and language-based disabilities.Read more...
The Dyslexia Checklist is a valuable guide for parents and teachers that can help them better understand children and teenagers with dyslexia and other reading- and language-based disabilities. The book relays the most current research available and is filled with practical strategies, supports, and interventions. Using these tools teachers and parents can accommodate the needs and strengthen the skills of students with reading and writing disabilities across all age levels. The book is presented in a simple, concise, easy-to-read checklist format and is filled with useful advice and information on a wide range of topics.
- Explains what we now know about dyslexia from decades of research
- Contains games to strengthen a child's literacy and language skills
- Provides important information for hooking in reluctant and struggling readers
- Offers suggestions for enhancing skills in vocabulary, comprehension, composition and written expression, spelling, math, and more
The book also provides information on the educational rights of students with dyslexia.
This item is Non-Returnable.
- ISBN-13: 9780470429815
- ISBN-10: 047042981X
- Publisher: Jossey-Bass
- Publish Date: January 2010
- Page Count: 313
- Dimensions: 8.9 x 6 x 1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.9 pounds
Series: Jossey-Bass Teacher