If Hoppi can make the best Easter egg, he will get to help the Easter Rabbit deliver the eggs on Easter morning.Read more...
FREE Express Shipping for Club Members
Not a member? Join Today!
Customers Also Bought
- Happy Easter, Mouse!
Laura Joffe Numeroff
- Fancy Nancy's Elegant Easter
- Love You Forever
Robert N. Munsch
- The Berenstain Bears and th...
- Heaven Is for Real
- I Know Numbers (Preschool)
Golden Books Publishing Company
- A Very Crabby Christmas (Dr...
- Goldilocks and the Three Bears
- The Hat
- Dinosaur Pet [With CD (Audio)]
- Puff, the Magic Dragon
- Where's the Easter Bunny?
- Just in Case You Ever Wonder
- In the Small, Small Pond
- Brown Bear, Brown Bear, Wha...
- Old MacDonald Had a Farm
- It's Pumpkin Day, Mouse!
Laura Joffe Numeroff
- More About Easter Egg by Jan BrettOverviewJan Brett's lovable bunny hero, Hoppi, and her remarkable Easter Rabbit will enchant readers as they pore over illustrations filled with dazzling eggs made by Flora Bunny, Aunt Sassyfrass and others.
If Hoppi can make the best Easter egg, he will get to help the Easter Rabbit deliver the eggs on Easter morning. But it is not so easy. Discouraged, he goes into the woods to think when a blue robinas egg tumbles out of its nest. Hoppi keeps it safe and warm until the baby bird hatches, and when the Easter Rabbit arrives, he chooses the empty blue eggshell to reward Hoppi for his kindness.
Spring is everywhere in gorgeous illustrations framed with pussy willows, flowering vines and flowers. Side borders feature busy rabbits making their unusual eggs and, in a border above, the Robin's family drama unfolds.
A gatefold surprise reveals the Easter Rabbit.
- ISBN-13: 9780399252389
- ISBN-10: 039925238X
- Publisher: Putnam Publishing Group
- Publish Date: February 2010
- Page Count: 32
- Reading Level: Ages 3-5
Related CategoriesPublishers Weekly Reviews
Publishers Weekly® Reviews
- Reviewed in: Publishers Weekly, page 50.
- Review Date: 2010-02-01
- Reviewer: Staff
Brett's finely detailed watercolor and gouache art is a showstopper, spotlighting lifelike—though nattily clad—rabbits decorating eggs in hopes of winning the role of the Easter Rabbit's helper. Hoppi is awed by bunnies' creations, which include an ornate chocolate egg and a “whirling, twirling mechanical egg.” But when an egg tumbles out of a robin's nest, he keeps it safe until the baby bird hatches. Borders of twigs, pussy willows, daffodils, and ferns add greatly to the warm, visually sumptuous setting of this gentle spring story. Ages 3–5. (Feb.)