Coupon
Eat Naked : Unprocessed, Unpolluted, and Undressed Eating for a Healthier, Sexier You
by Margaret Floyd


Overview -

Eat Naked with Margaret Floyd for a Sexier YouAre you fed up with counting calories?Confused by all the diet hype?Want to eat delicious, real food and look and feel great?

Leading nutritional therapist Margaret Floyd's Eat Naked will help you strip away the overprocessed, overpackaged, and overdressed junk food from your diet.  Read more...


 
Paperback
  • $16.95

Add to Cart + Add to Wishlist

In Stock Online.

FREE Shipping for Club Members
 
> Check In-Store Availability

In-Store pricing may vary

 
 
New & Used Marketplace 35 copies from $2.99
 
 
 

More About Eat Naked by Margaret Floyd
 
 
 
Overview

Eat Naked with Margaret Floyd for a Sexier YouAre you fed up with counting calories?Confused by all the diet hype?Want to eat delicious, real food and look and feel great?

Leading nutritional therapist Margaret Floyd's Eat Naked will help you strip away the overprocessed, overpackaged, and overdressed junk food from your diet. It's time to enjoy "naked" foods-whole foods that are fresh, organically grown, and prepared in ways that allow each food's naturally delicious flavors to shine through. In this book, Margaret shows you how to choose the nutrient-dense foods that will make you look and feel so gorgeous, you'll want to take it all off.

You'll discover new ways to prepare foods without sacrificing flavor and learn practical tips for eating within your budget. Eat Naked includes easy recipes for all sorts of delicious things you can feel good about eating and making for others. Once you see how great you look and feel when you eat naked, you won't want to eat any other way

 
Details
  • ISBN-13: 9781608820139
  • ISBN-10: 1608820130
  • Publisher: New Harbinger Publications
  • Publish Date: June 2011
  • Page Count: 194
  • Dimensions: 9 x 6.19 x 0.48 inches
  • Shipping Weight: 0.63 pounds


Related Categories

Books > Health & Fitness > Diet & Nutrition - Nutrition
Books > Health & Fitness > Diet & Nutrition - Diets
Books > Cooking > Health & Healing - General

 
Publishers Weekly Reviews

Publishers Weekly® Reviews

  • Reviewed in: Publishers Weekly, page .
  • Review Date: 2011-05-16
  • Reviewer: Staff

Floyd, a Certified Healing Foods specialist, brings her experience with improving health and increasing vitality through diet to a wide audience. Beginning with a primer on healthy eating, Floyd recommends that "naked" foods ("fresh, whole, organic, homemade") comprise 80% of a diet, leaving a 20% leeway for special occasions. "When you eat mostly naked foods, your body will find its natural equilibrium...Your cravings will diminish and you won't feel deprived." Floyd, a proponent of the thinking behind Nourishing Traditions, rejects most forms of soy and gluten, and recommends raw dairy and soaked grains. Early chapters review categories of foods and conclude with easy-reference charts for "Best, Next Best, Okay, and Steer Clear" choices. Following tips on reducing stress, shopping for natural ingredients, and simplified cooking, Floyd dedicates a third of her book to recipes created with Chef James Barry, covering basics (Chicken Stock, Balsamic Vinaigrette), innovative uses for vegetables (Raw Cauliflower Couscous), colorful entrees (Tortilla-less Green Enchiladas, Seared Salmon with Garlic Broccoli Rabe and Summer Squash), and sweet treats (Coconut Nut Date Balls). Floyd's message won't be new to anyone on the healthy fringe; for most everyone else, it could be quite a palate cleanser. Photos. (June)

 
BAM Customer Reviews