"As a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, Certified Diabetes Educator, and person with diabetes who loves to cook, comfort foods are always my top choice. Eat What You Love Diabetic Cookbook offers delicious recipes that fit into a healthy eating plan for people with diabetes...Read more...
"As a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, Certified Diabetes Educator, and person with diabetes who loves to cook, comfort foods are always my top choice. Eat What You Love Diabetic Cookbook offers delicious recipes that fit into a healthy eating plan for people with diabetes... Food should and can be enjoyed, and these recipes get a big thumbs-up from me--and from all my guests."
--Toby Smithson, MS, RDN, LD, CDE, Diabetes Lifestyle Expert at DiabetesEveryDay.com and author of Diabetes Meal Planning and Nutrition for Dummies
Taking control of your diet is an important part of managing your diabetes, and you can do so without sacrificing the delicious comfort foods you love. According to the Mayo Clinic and the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, making wise food choices is one of the most significant ways to avoid long-term problems caused by diabetes. Eat What You Love Diabetic Cookbook is the only diabetic cookbook that gives your body what it needs and your taste buds the comfort foods they really want.
Registered Dietitian and Certified Diabetes Educator Lori Zanini specializes in providing guidance to clients facing serious health concerns, namely those with diabetes. She has helped thousands of people improve their lives through her science-backed, holistic nutrition approach.
With her Southern roots and nutritional expertise, Lori's created this diabetic cookbook to show you how easy it can be to prepare comforting meals using whole foods that taste great and keep your diabetes under control. In Eat What You Love Diabetic Cookbook, you'll learn how what you eat affects your body and how to create a balanced plate without feeling limited.
- More than 100 recipes in this diabetic cookbook offer options for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert including favorites like Breakfast Tacos, Slow-Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwiches, Chicken Pot Pie, Cherry Cobbler, and more
- Helpful icons display which foods fulfill the requirements on your plate--carbs, protein, and veggies--and detailed nutritional information ensures you're meeting your current diabetic needs
- "Complete the Plate" tips with every recipe suggest pairings to create a balanced meal using any of the combinations in this diabetic cookbook
Eat What You Love Diabetic Cookbook will empower you to make responsible food decisions while enjoying the delicious comfort food you crave.
This item is Non-Returnable.
- ISBN-13: 9781943451449
- ISBN-10: 1943451443
- Publisher: Sonoma Press
- Publish Date: November 2016
- Page Count: 214
- Dimensions: 9.1 x 7.4 x 0.7 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.15 pounds