EatingWell 500 Calorie Dinners : Easy, Delicious Recipes & Menus
Overview - EatingWell 500-Calorie Dinners takes the guesswork out of healthy cooking by providing delicious, easy recipes and menus for dinners that come in at about 500 calories, an amount experts say will help most people lose weight without feeling deprived. Read more...
Limited Availability. Allow Additional 2-4 Weeks for Shipping.
Free Shipping is not available for this item.
New & Used Marketplace 34 copies from $2.99
More About EatingWell 500 Calorie Dinners by Jessie Price; Nicci Micco; Eatingwell Test Kitchen
EatingWell 500-Calorie Dinners takes the guesswork out of healthy cooking by providing delicious, easy recipes and menus for dinners that come in at about 500 calories, an amount experts say will help most people lose weight without feeling deprived. Once you try the meals in this book you'll be amazed at how well you can eat for 500 calories. One night you'll have a steak sandwich with grilled peppers and a garlicky aioli served along with roasted red potatoes and a green salad with a tangy vinaigrette, the next night braised chicken in a paprika-spiked sauce over egg noodles with snap peas tossed with a creamy tarragon dressing. Want a glass of wine with dinner or a dessert to end the evening? We've included those in our menus too. Try pork chops with an orange and fennel salad along with a side of quinoa and a dish of strawberry frozen yogurt. And this book will help you to do more than just trim your waistline--it will help you to improve your heart health and reduce your risk for diabetes too. It provides solid advice fromEatingWell Magazine's nutrition experts on what foods should be included in any healthful diet, how to figure out how many calories you need, how to determine appropriate serving sizes and estimate calories (without carting around a kitchen scale everywhere you go) and how to lose weight while still feeling satisfied. In this book, you'll also find:
- 140 delicious recipes that use simple techniques and easy-to-find ingredients
- Quick dinners: over 100 of the recipes are ready in less than 45 minutes and many take less than 30 minutes
- Secrets of successful weight loss from renowned weight-loss researcher Dr. Jean Harvey-Berino, chair of the University of Vermont's Department of Nutrition and Food Sciences, author of the James Beard Award-winning cookbook The EatingWell Diet
- How to eat all day and still lose weight, including what a 1,500-calorie day looks like and easy ideas for breakfast, lunch and snacks
- Diet tips to maximize flavor and satisfaction while minimizing calories