The Third Edition of this authoritative reference provides an in-depth understanding of how weeds and invasive plants develop and interact in the environment so you can manage and control them more effectively.Read more...
The Third Edition of this authoritative reference provides an in-depth understanding of how weeds and invasive plants develop and interact in the environment so you can manage and control them more effectively. The guide includes an introduction to weeds and invasive plants in various environments and an overview of their ecology and evolution. With extensive examples, this book:
- Focuses on the biological features of weeds and invasive plants, especially as they exist in agriculture, forests, rangelands, and natural ecosystems.
- Includes coverage of exotic invasive plants.
- Discusses a variety of methods and tools for managing weeds and invasive plants, including physical, cultural, biological, and chemical approaches.
- Examines systems approaches for management, including modern Integrated Pest Management.
- Addresses future challenges for scientists, farmers, and land managers.
This is the definitive, hands-on reference if you're a land manager or professional in plant sciences, agronomy, weed science, and horticulture. The book is also an excellent textbook for senior undergraduate or graduate students studying agriculture, ecology, natural resources management, environmental management, or related fields.
- ISBN-13: 9780471767794
- ISBN-10: 0471767794
- Publisher: Wiley-Interscience
- Publish Date: September 2007
- Page Count: 454
- Dimensions: 9.19 x 6.51 x 1.1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.72 pounds