Elementary Tagalog : Tara, Mag-Tagalog Tayo! Come On, Let's Speak Tagalog! [With MP3]
Overview - This is the leading beginner Tagalog textbook and language learning package. Elementary Tagalog's comprehensive approach will help students master Tagalog, the language of the Philippines, also known as Filipino or Pilipino. Read more...
New & Used Marketplace 14 copies from $16.49
More About Elementary Tagalog by Jiedson R. Domigpe; Nenita Pambid Domingo
This is the leading beginner Tagalog textbook and language learning package. Elementary Tagalog's comprehensive approach will help students master Tagalog, the language of the Philippines, also known as Filipino or Pilipino. From learning to read Tagalog words and pronounce Tagalog sounds to using correct Tagalog grammar, communicating in Tagalog dialogues and building Tagalog vocabulary, learners will be surprised at how quickly their skills develop. The expert guidance in Elementary Tagalog is ideal both for true beginners and heritage learners who grew up in Filipino-speaking communities or families. The accompanying MP3 audio CD improves listening comprehension and ensures correct pronunciation. Covering a range of topics, the lessons center on themes of the family, the home, and the community to food, travel, health, leisure time, festivals and popular culture. There are plenty of exercises, activities and practice drills to help learners acquire and master the language fundamentals, while culture notes explore the diversity, heritage and history of the Philippines. This is a complete language system and no prior knowledge of Tagalog is needed to begin and is the most comprehensive way to learn Tagalog. Elementary Tagalog is composed of twenty-four lessons in eight units. Each Lesson contains:
- Cultural Notes at the beginning of each unit offering explanations of social, economic and historical aspects of Filipino society.
- A Vocabulary List in each lesson ties into the theme of the unit and both the Tagalog reading text and the aural activities presented in the specific lesson.
- Reading and Reading Comprehension which are presented mostly in the form of Tagalog language dialogues, are designed to expose the students to real-life conversations as might be had by native Filipino speakers.
- Three Active Learning Activities follow the dialogue and dialogue comprehension in each lesson and ask students to employ the lesson's new Tagalog vocabulary.
- The Grammar Section is divided into four parts: definitions of terms, examining form, grammar presentation and grammar notes.
- Practice exercises or activities target student's speaking Tagalog, reading Tagalog, writing Tagalog and Tagalog listening skills.
- An accompanying audio CD with listening activities to reinforce Tagalog learning is also included with the book.