In The Emotionally Healthy Church, Expanded Edition , by Peter Scazzero, you'll discover exactly what it takes for the truth to set you free. This revised and expanded edition of Scazzero's award-winning book not only takes the original six principles for cultivating spiritual and emotional health in your church further and deeper, but he also adds a seventh principle to show you as a church leader how to slow down to lead with integrity.Read more...
20% off for Members: Get the Club Price
- [-] Other Available FormatsOur PriceNew & Used MarketplaceThe Emotionally Healthy Church (Hardcover - Revised Ed.)
In The Emotionally Healthy Church, Expanded Edition, by Peter Scazzero, you'll discover exactly what it takes for the truth to set you free. This revised and expanded edition of Scazzero's award-winning book not only takes the original six principles for cultivating spiritual and emotional health in your church further and deeper, but he also adds a seventh principle to show you as a church leader how to slow down to lead with integrity.
New Life Fellowship in Queens, New York, had it all: powerful teaching, dynamic ministries, an impressive growth rate, and a vision to do great works for God. Things looked good--but beneath the surface, circumstances were more than just brewing. They were about to boil over, forcing Peter Scazzero to confront needs in his church and himself that went deeper than he'd ever imagined. What he learned about the vital link between emotional health, relational depth, and spiritual maturity can shed new light on painful problems in your own church.
In this revised and expanded edition of his Gold Medallion Award-winning book, Scazzero shares refreshing new insights and a different and challenging slant on what it takes to lead your congregation to wholeness and maturity in Christ. Our churches are in trouble, says Scazzero.
They are filled with people who are:
- unsure how to biblically integrate anger, sadness, and other emotions
- defensive, incapable of revealing their weaknesses
- threatened by or intolerant of different viewpoints
- zealous about ministering at church but blind to their spouses' loneliness at home
- so involved in "serving" that they fail to take care of themselves
- prone to withdraw from conflict rather than resolve it
Sharing from New Life Fellowship's painful but liberating journey, Scazzero reveals exactly how the truth can and does make you free--not just superficially, but deep down. This expanded edition of The Emotionally Healthy Church not only takes the original six principles further and deeper, but also adds a seventh crucial principle. You'll acquire knowledge and tools that can help you and others:
- look beneath the surface of problems
- break the power of past wounds, failures, sins, and circumstances
- live a life of brokenness and vulnerability
- recognize and honor personal limitations and boundaries
- embrace grief and loss
- make incarnation your model to love others
- slow down to lead with integrity
This new edition shares powerful insights on how contemplative spirituality can help you and your church slow down--an integral key to spiritual and emotional health. The Emotionally Healthy Church, Expanded Edition includes story after story of people at New Life whose lives have been changed by the concepts in this book. Listen to this audiobook and find out how your church can turn a new corner on the road to spiritual maturity.
This item is Non-Returnable.
- ISBN-13: 9781491598054
- ISBN-10: 1491598050
- Publisher: Zondervan on Brilliance Audio
- Publish Date: September 2015
- Dimensions: 6.7 x 5.3 x 0.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.15 pounds