In this galvanizing follow-up to the best-selling Teaching with Poverty in Mind , renowned educator and learning expert Eric Jensen digs deeper into engagement as the key factor in the academic success of economically disadvantaged students.Read more...
In this galvanizing follow-up to the best-selling Teaching with Poverty in Mind, renowned educator and learning expert Eric Jensen digs deeper into engagement as the key factor in the academic success of economically disadvantaged students.
Drawing from research, experience, and real school success stories, Engaging Students with Poverty in Mind reveals
* Smart, purposeful engagement strategies that all teachers can use to expand students' cognitive capacity, increase motivation and effort, and build deep, enduring understanding of content.
* The (until-now) unwritten rules for engagement that are essential for increasing student achievement.
* How automating engagement in the classroom can help teachers use instructional time more effectively and empower students to take ownership of their learning.
* Steps you can take to create an exciting yet realistic implementation plan.
Too many of our most vulnerable students are tuning out and dropping out because of our failure to engage them. It's time to set the bar higher. Until we make school the best part of every student's day, we will struggle with attendance, achievement, and graduation rates. This timely resource will help you take immediate action to revitalize and enrich your practice so that all your students may thrive in school and beyond.
- ISBN-13: 9781416615729
- ISBN-10: 1416615725
- Publisher: ASCD
- Publish Date: August 2013
- Page Count: 197
- Dimensions: 8.9 x 5.9 x 0.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.55 pounds