The twenty-first century offers more technology than we have ever seen before, but all that "help" can be overwhelming. With new updates coming out all the time, from Windows 10, the Anniversary Update, the Creator's Update, and now the Fall Creator's Update; most computer users don't have time to keep up or figure everything out on their own.Read more...
The twenty-first century offers more technology than we have ever seen before, but all that "help" can be overwhelming. With new updates coming out all the time, from Windows 10, the Anniversary Update, the Creator's Update, and now the Fall Creator's Update; most computer users don't have time to keep up or figure everything out on their own.
Essential Windows 10: Fall Creator's Edition is here to fill in the gaps. With comprehensive instruction for many common Windows tasks, this step-by-step guide offers specifics in upgrading, setting up, navigating and effectively utilizing the Fall Creator's Update that will best help you meet your goals. In addition, many illustrations and screenshots are included, allowing readers to quickly and easily digest information without feeling confused, wasting time searching, and getting discouraged. In this book we'll take a look at...
- Windows 10 Fall Creator's Update's new features, menus and utilities
- Setting up your computer, downloading and upgrading to Windows 10
- Navigating around Windows 10 using file explorer, task view and the start menu
- Using the desktop, running applications and basic file management
- Using tablets, touch screen gestures, keyboards and pens
- Using Windows Ink
- Getting to know Cortana virtual assistant
- Microsoft Edge Web Browser
- Using OneDrive & Files on Demand
- Getting started with Continuum
- Getting started with Windows Hello
- Backing up your important data with FileHistory
- Antivirus and internet safety
- Windows Defender Security Centre and the new exploit and folder protection features designed to combat ransomware
- Downloading & watching videos, movies and watching DVDs
- Downloading & listening to music and using Groove Music Passes
- Storing, manipulating and sharing photos
- Staying in touch friends, family and colleagues using Mail, Calendar & Skype
- Using Paint 3D to create 3D pictures that you can share via social media
- A look at mixed reality using models from Paint 3D
- Maintaining Windows 10, scanning drives for errors and basic recovery procedures and more...
Unlike manuals that assume a computing background not possessed by beginners, Essential Windows 10 Fall Creator's Edition tackles the fundamentals of Windows 10 so that everyone from students to senior citizens to home users pressed for time can take advantage of the digital revolution.
So if you're looking for a windows 10 manual, a visual book, simplified tutorial, dummies guide, or reference, Essential Windows 10: Fall Creator's Edition will help you maximize the potential of Windows 10 to increase your productivity and enhance your digital life.
- ISBN-13: 9781911174417
- ISBN-10: 191117441X
- Publisher: Elluminet Press
- Publish Date: October 2017
- Page Count: 330
- Dimensions: 9 x 6 x 0.69 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.97 pounds
Series: Computer Essentials