Essentials of Child and Adolescent Psychopathology, Second Edition provides a concise, accessible overview of the major theories, assessment practices, and key issues.Read more...
Essentials of Child and Adolescent Psychopathology, Second Edition provides a concise, accessible overview of the major theories, assessment practices, and key issues. This updated Second Edition describes the significant changes in the way DSM(TM)-5 conceptualizes disorders in children and adolescents, and includes a new chapter on child abuse, child maltreatment, and self-injurious behavior. Using practical case examples to illustrate key points, the book addresses specific disorders and problems prevalent among this age group--including anxiety, mood disorders, and traumatic stress. Each chapter features reader-friendly elements like Rapid Reference, Caution, and Don't Forget boxes that call out important information, facilitating easy look-up and quick navigation.
This invaluable resource fills the need for an overview of the most current issues and changes in the field, allowing readers to:
- Review the development, theories, and influences in child and adolescent psychopathology
- Understand neurodevelopmental disorders including intellectual and developmental disabilities, ADHD, and specific learning disabilities or disorders
- Compare and contrast the manifestations of internalized vs. externalized disorders
- Examine later-onset disorders and special topics including eating disorders, substance abuse, and trauma-related disorders
The book also includes appendices on ethical conduct, assessment instruments, and IDEA 2004, providing readers the guidance and tools that can help increase positive outcomes. Whether used as a secondary text or as a professional reference, Essentials of Child and Adolescent Psychopathology, Second Edition provides an authoritative briefing on this evolving area of practice.
This item is Non-Returnable.
- ISBN-13: 9781118840191
- ISBN-10: 1118840194
- Publisher: Wiley
- Publish Date: December 2014
- Page Count: 384
- Dimensions: 8.4 x 5.4 x 1.1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.95 pounds
Series: Essentials of Behavioral Science #5