Edited by #1 "New York Times" bestselling author David Baldacci and including stories by Michael Connelly, Lee Child, Jeffery Deaver, and more, this one-of-a-kind anthology pulls together the most beloved characters from the best and most popular thriller series today. Read more...
- Retail Price:
FREE Shipping for Club Members
What is a Bargain?
Customers Also Bought
A "New York Times" and "USA TODAY" bestseller
Edited by #1 "New York Times" bestselling author David Baldacci and including stories by Michael Connelly, Lee Child, Jeffery Deaver, and more, this one-of-a-kind anthology pulls together the most beloved characters from the best and most popular thriller series today. Worlds collide
In an unprecedented collaboration, twenty-three of the world's bestselling and critically acclaimed thriller writers have paired their series characters--such as Harry Bosch, Jack Reacher, and Lincoln Rhyme--in an eleven-story anthology curated by the International Thriller Writers (ITW). All of the contributors to FaceOff are ITW members and the stories feature these dynamic duos:
- Patrick Kenzie vs. Harry Bosch in "Red Eye," by Dennis Lehane and Michael Connelly
- John Rebus vs. Roy Grace in "In the Nick of Time," by Ian Rankin and Peter James
- Slappy the Ventriloquist Dummy vs. Aloysius Pendergast in "Gaslighted," by R.L. Stine, Douglas Preston, and Lincoln Child
- Malachai Samuels vs. D.D. Warren in "The Laughing Buddha," by M.J. Rose and Lisa Gardner
- Paul Madriani vs. Alexandra Cooper in "Surfing the Panther," by Steve Martini and Linda Fairstein
- Lincoln Rhyme vs. Lucas Davenport in "Rhymes With Prey," by Jeffery Deaver and John Sandford
- Michael Quinn vs. Repairman Jack in "Infernal Night," by Heather Graham and F. Paul Wilson
- Sean Reilly vs. Glen Garber in "Pit Stop," by Raymond Khoury and Linwood Barclay
- Wyatt Hunt vs. Joe Trona in "Silent Hunt," by John Lescroart and T. Jefferson Parker
- Cotton Malone vs. Gray Pierce in "The Devil's Bones," by Steve Berry and James Rollins
- Jack Reacher vs. Nick Heller in "Good and Valuable Consideration," by Lee Child and Joseph Finder
So sit back and prepare for a rollicking ride as your favorite characters go head-to-head with some worthy opponents in "FaceOff"--it's a thrill-a-minute read.
- ISBN-13: 9781476762067
- ISBN-10: 1476762066
- Publisher: Simon & Schuster
- Publish Date: June 2014
- Page Count: 367
Publishers Weekly® Reviews
- Reviewed in: Publishers Weekly, page .
- Review Date: 2014-04-07
- Reviewer: Staff
A clever concept distinguishes this anthology sponsored by the International Thriller Writers. Each of the 11 stories pairs well-known series characters created by different authors, sometimes in adversarial but more often in collegial ways, and almost always effectively. Complementary heroes include John Lescroart’s Wyatt Hunt and T. Jefferson Parker’s Joe Trona, who share adventure in “Silent Hunt.” Others are far-from-obvious matches, like Jeffery Deaver’s Lincoln Rhyme and John Sandford’s Lucas Davenport, who join forces in the longest entry, “Rhymes with Prey.” Steve Martini’s prosecutor Paul Madriani and Linda Fairstein’s defense attorney cross swords in “Surfing the Panther,” but end up wielding their weapons for the same cause. The strangest pairing is in “Gaslighted,” featuring R.L. Stine’s ventriloquist dummy, Slappy, and Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child’s FBI agent, Aloysius Pendergast. Other notable duos include Lee Child’s Jack Reacher with Joseph Finder’s Nick Heller in “Good and Valuable Consideration”; M.J. Rose’s Malachai Samuels and Lisa Gardner’s D.D. Warren in “The Laughing Buddha”; and Ian Rankin’s John Rebus with Peter James’s Roy Grace in “In the Nick of Time.” This idea is so good it demands a sequel, perhaps one that reaches beyond the U.S., the U.K., and Canada for contributors. Agent: Dan Conaway, Writers House. (June)