Written in an easy-to-read format, this accessible manual offers a solid starting point for grasping the essentials of ADHD.Read more...
Written in an easy-to-read format, this accessible manual offers a solid starting point for grasping the essentials of ADHD. As a learning specialist with more than 15 years of experience, Blythe Grossberg understands the value of providing proper support for children with ADHD. In Focused, she illuminates practical principles and effective ways for parents to create a safe home and school environment for children with ADHD.
Ideal for parents or caretakers of recently diagnosed children, Focused features a thoughtful and eye-opening overview of ADHD by dispelling many misconceptions about the condition, as well as highlighting common coexisting conditions like obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) and learning and mood disorders.
You'll learn to uncover your child's considerable strengths, and work around their obstacles with concrete, actionable activities that improve executive functioning, support emotional development, and promote positive behavior.
Become your child's best advocate, with:
- Over 40 targeted strategies to help your child manage ADHD from preschool through adulthood
- A straightforward overview of ADHD in children
- Modification tips for adapting strategies to your child's unique needs
- Helpful tools, including a quiz and worksheets, to supplement your ADHD treatment plan
- A quick start guide detailing 5 essential tips for parents
This item is Non-Returnable.
- ISBN-13: 9781623156190
- ISBN-10: 162315619X
- Publisher: Althea Press
- Publish Date: August 2015
- Page Count: 166
- Dimensions: 9 x 6 x 0.45 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.68 pounds