Written by locals, Fodor's Essential Greek Islands is the perfect guidebook for those looking for insider tips to make the most out their visit to Greece. Complete with detailed maps and concise descriptions, this Greek Islands travel guide will help you plan your trip with ease.Read more...
Written by locals, Fodor's Essential Greek Islands is the perfect guidebook for those looking for insider tips to make the most out their visit to Greece. Complete with detailed maps and concise descriptions, this Greek Islands travel guide will help you plan your trip with ease. Join Fodor's in exploring one of the most exciting destinations in Europe.
The Greek Islands represent the ultimate Mediterranean getaway. Impossibly blue seas, gorgeous beaches, whitewashed alleyways draped in pink bougainvillea, blue-domed Greek Orthodox churches, picturesque villages, and famous historical sites have lured visitors to these wonders of the Aegean for hundreds of years. Bursting with beautiful full-color photos, Fodor's Essential Greek Islands provides expert insider advice on everything from the best beaches in Crete to the best archaeological sites on Corfu. Also included is full coverage of the big-city wonders of Athens, the primary gateway for travelers to Greece.
Fodor's Essential Greek Islands includes:
- -UPDATED COVERAGE: Fodor's writers have scoured the islands to find the best new hotels, resorts, restaurants, shops, and sights.
- -ULTIMATE EXPERIENCES GUIDE: A visually stunning color photo guide covers the essential sights and unmissable attractions throughout the Greek Islands.
- -DETAILED MAPS: Full-size maps throughout will help you plan efficiently and get around confidently.
- -GORGEOUS PHOTOS AND SPECIAL ILLUSTRATED FEATURES: Full-color features on such topics as The Acropolis, specialty crafts made in Greece, Greek cuisine, Greek gods and heroes, Greek history, and Greece's long wine-making tradition illuminate the most distinctive aspects of the Greek Islands.
- -INDISPENSABLE TRIP PLANNING TOOLS: Includes a "Need to Know" feature with top-line planning information about the country as a whole, "Top Attractions," and other useful travel tips. Helpful features on what's new in the Greek Islands, how to pick the perfect beach, and when to go, all make a trip to the islands as simple as possible.
- -DISCERNING RECOMMENDATIONS: Fodor's Greek Islands offers savvy advice and recommendations from local writers to help travelers make the most of their time. Fodor's Choice designates our best picks, from hotels to nightlife.
- -COVERS: Corfu, Crete, Rhodes, Hydra, Lesvos, Mykonos, Santorini, Naxos, Paros, Athens, and much more.
ABOUT FODOR'S AUTHORS: Each Fodor's Travel Guide is researched and written by local experts. Fodor's has been offering expert advice for all tastes and budgets for over 80 years.
Planning on visiting the rest of Greece? Check out Fodor's Essential Greece.
- ISBN-13: 9781640970069
- ISBN-10: 1640970061
- Publisher: Fodor's Travel Publications
- Publish Date: January 2018
- Page Count: 624
- Dimensions: 7.9 x 5.2 x 0.7 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.9 pounds
Series: Full-Color Travel Guide #3