Getting a Coding Job For Dummies explains how a coder works in (or out of) an organization, the key skills any job requires, the basics of the technologies a coding pro will encounter, and how to find formal or informal ways to build your skills.Read more...
Getting a Coding Job For Dummies explains how a coder works in (or out of) an organization, the key skills any job requires, the basics of the technologies a coding pro will encounter, and how to find formal or informal ways to build your skills. Plus, it paints a picture of the world a coder lives in, outlines how to build a resume to land a coding job, and so much more.
Coding is one of the most in-demand skills in today's job market, yet there seems to be an ongoing deficit of candidates qualified to take these jobs. Getting a Coding Job For Dummies provides a road map for students, post-grads, career switchers, and anyone else interested in starting a career in coding. Inside this friendly guide, you'll find the steps needed to learn the hard and soft skills of coding--and the world of programming at large. Along the way, you'll set a clear career path based on your goals and discover the resources that can best help you build your coding skills to make you a suitable job candidate.
- Covers the breadth of job opportunities as a coder
- Includes tips on educational resources for coders and ways to build a positive reputation
- Shows you how to research potential employers and impress interviewers
- Offers access to online video, articles, and sample resume templates
If you're interested in pursuing a job in coding, but don't know the best way to get there, Getting a Coding Job For Dummies is your compass
- ISBN-13: 9781119050940
- ISBN-10: 1119050944
- Publisher: For Dummies
- Publish Date: August 2015
- Page Count: 288
- Dimensions: 9.3 x 7.4 x 0.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.8 pounds