CliffsNotes on The Giver explores a world in which disease, hunger, poverty, war, and lasting pain simply don't exist.Read more...
CliffsNotes on The Giver explores a world in which disease, hunger, poverty, war, and lasting pain simply don't exist. The members of this utopia have given up all human emotions and memories to live in a state of Sameness.
Following the story of a 12-year-old boy who recognizes the hypocrisy of his community's "social order" - and who crafts a way to free everyone from the bane of Sameness, this study guide provides summaries and critical commentaries for each chapter within the novel. Other features that help you figure out this important work include
- Personal background on the author, Lois Lowry
- Introduction to and synopsis of the book
- Character descriptions
- Critical essays on the author's themes, style, language, and more
- Review section that features interactive questions and suggested essay topics
- Selected bibliography and list of critical works
Classic literature or modern-day treasure -- you'll understand it all with expert information and insight from CliffsNotes study guides.
This item is Non-Returnable.
- ISBN-13: 9780764585104
- ISBN-10: 076458510X
- Publisher: Houghton Mifflin
- Publish Date: June 1999
- Page Count: 64
- Dimensions: 8.4 x 5.3 x 0.3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.2 pounds
Series: Cliffsnotes Literature Guides