In today's rapidly changing air transport environment, the aviation professionals require access to advanced and comprehensive knowledge, coupled with an in-depth understanding of the needs of the airline industry. Drawing on the editors' extensive experience with airline and air transport issues, The Global Airline Industry provides a definitive introduction to our air transportation system. Featuring contributors from 3 different continents, all affiliated to MIT's Global Airline Industry Program, this book's unique and holistic perspective is allied with detailed coverage of
- air transportation economics
- airline planning and operations
- industrial relations and human resource issues
- aviation safety and security
- aviation infrastructure and environmental impacts
- airline pricing and distribution.
The Global Airline Industry is accompanied by a book companion website hosting databases with regular updates of airline & air transport related statistics and information as well as updates of the book material, housed at