Customers Also Bought
- Gray Mountain
- Art History
- Mixed Martial Arts Fighting...
- Teen Titans
- Alice in Wonderland
- Single Column Journaling Bi...
- Merriam-Webster Children's ...
- Birth of Spiderman
- Websters Dictionary Thesaur...
Not Available (NA)
- Illuminating essays about freeganism, flexitarians, vegetarianism, and more
- Tips about how to shop on a budget and get the most out of what you already have in your pantry
- A seasonal key that ensures the freshness of the recipes (and a minimal carbon footprint)
- Photos for each of the 70+ recipes
Publishers Weekly® Reviews
- Reviewed in: Publishers Weekly, page .
- Review Date: 2014-06-30
- Reviewer: Staff
Originally published in the U.K., Marchive and McElroy’s cookbook gives teenage home cooks ideas for every meal of the day, including snacks and desserts, with an eye toward healthy, seasonal options (brief essays explore organic and fair-trade food, vegetarianism, and other topics). The recipes come courtesy of teens from around the world, with offerings that include sancocho, a soup from the Dominican Republic; a “Spanish-style” pasta Bolognese; and seasonal takes on lasagna and pie. Color photos, clear instructions, and quotes from the teens providing the recipes should help bolster the confidence of young cooks. Ages 12–up. (July)